PDA

View Full Version : Protesters at jobsite- what to do?

jeffm1
11-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I recently took on a monthly contract that pays decent at a place called "the womens health center", in St.Pete Fl not really giving much thought about it.
I was paid well to touch up the place and they agreed to sign a much needed one year contract at the start of the slow season.
Well I pull up last week, and notice the PRO-LIFE sign of a protester, that it turns out the place does abortions there. When I talked to the protester they urged me to quit working for the place, that they understood money was tight, but the Lord would honor my decision to quit.
I am a Christian, and I understand the protesters views, but is it right to give up the contract? What do you all think? My Brother said just go do the property when nobody is there, thus advoiding any protesters, but what do you all think? My Business is strong enough to lose the account and still get through the slow season, but I'm unsure letting go the contract is the right thing to do. I thank any of you who reply .:confused:

Steve
11-04-2008, 06:08 AM
That is a very good question. I would say keep going. Everyone has something they are protesting about and you can't make everyone happy.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

musician/lawnman
11-04-2008, 07:20 AM
I'm with Steve on is one man. Business is business, personal is personal. There are certain bank chains that I hate & wouldn't deposit a quarter in their soda machines i I was dying of thirst, but I wouldn't pass up a contract to maintain their properties.

I understand everyones right to an opinion but man, protestors like that aggrivate me. Not their views, the fact they feel the need to cram it down your throat.

Next time tell the protestor something like "my wife is pregnant & with out this contract we can't afford to let our family get any bigger..." That autta shut em up. :eek:

quickcleanlawn
11-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Its all personal opinion, if you dont like the confontation, then do like your brothe said and do it while they are not there.dont let anyone stop you from making money,now if you like what they stand for and want to protest after your work is done thats fine, becouse I bet none of the quite there jobs to stand outside and protest.

jeffm1
11-05-2008, 01:56 AM
I agree that business is business. I think I'll hold onto the account and just play it by ear, and if I can't continue, I'll drop the account later.:o

Steve
11-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Let us know how everything goes. Remember, you can't make everyone happy, so don't worry about that! This is very important to remember.

Lukacs Property Maintenance
11-05-2008, 03:09 PM
its hard to decide on weither your religion should make the decision of dropping the acount or just saying well thats just some one elses opinion.

Mike:)

VPS Lawn Care
11-07-2008, 12:30 PM
If it was me I would keep the contract, and work it when it best suited me. In the end though it is a matter of who you are, what you stand for, and does the protesters really make a bigger diffrence in your life then the contract? you can only decide even after all of our opions, yours is the only one that will count. GL