PDA

View Full Version : Another Trade With Another Business

landonkade
10-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Steve,

As you might already know that i had a trade with a advertising business a few weeks ago for them to do a magazine ad for me in return for me to do her yard for so long.

Been working on her yard off and on since the ad. I was doing some work at her house today and a neighbor seen me and ask me for a price on her yard. She has a old flower bed out front of her house, she wants me to take out and reconstruct her a new flower bed and do some hedge trimming, add plants, and have some curb appeal and color to enhance the look of her property.

I gave her a price of $1,500 due to recontructing, new flower bed, new plants and trees, hedge trimming, winter annuals, and the lawn cutting to have the finished look.

I will know tomorrow probaly if it is a go ahead or not.

Also....

As much as i advertise on myspace alot in different ways, another business offered a trade with me, they said i will get alot of publicity. They want to put a banner with my business name on there website and have it linked to my website. And for me to write a article in the (ask the expert section) of there website for fall/winter upkeep advise to help people, i will also be in the coupon section. Here is there website, its in my town and hasn't been up long http://www.meetdothan.net. In return for me to do lawn maintance on the property for so long. I could also get noticed again by neighbors as i did before

Also you might know that when people do a search for lawn care for my area, Steve had posted it at one time. That i have 7 to 8 search engines out of 10, just on one keyword. I do have alot more keywords that will bring up sometimes 4 to 5 to 6 search engines at a time.

lawncaremarketingmagic,

I remember you said that you would be glad to recontruct that banner ad for the magazine, but it was already published and is out in circulation as we speak. Would you mind helping me on the acticle, i have to turn it in, in a few days.

Also, What are some good specials to offer new clients with a years contract. Like one month free with signed contract, i know different people react to different offers. Just say they did do one month free for EXAMPLE: Jan- cut one week free, Feb- cut one week free, Mar- cut one week free, Apr- cut one week free..... and there is a month free of service but divided up into the months<**- would that work

musician/lawnman
10-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Also, What are some good specials to offer new clients with a years contract. Like one month free with signed contract, i know different people react to different offers. Just say they did do one month free for EXAMPLE: Jan- cut one week free, Feb- cut one week free, Mar- cut one week free, Apr- cut one week free..... and there is a month free of service but divided up into the months<**- would that work

Make it month #12 man. It's the only way to be sure you get the other 11 paid in full. If you give it to them 1st & they split after 6 months.... your out!

landonkade
10-27-2008, 09:48 PM
yeah i have noticed, when you do a verbal agreement for 12 months shake hands, then you get burned in the winter season, when you are supposed to make more in the winter

We lawn care operates have to make a living also, we have bills, we have a family to feed, mortages and all just like anyone else. I guess they dont care or understand. They still have there job in the winter

Steve
10-28-2008, 03:10 AM
Matt, you are really impressing the heck out of me with all this.

Could you use the banner ad I made you in the past? The animated one? With the mower going across? Then you could change it later but at least you would be up and running.

I like the idea of working with that other website as well. If things slow down for you, this could be a good time to do some kind of yard makeover for a needy family in your area and look to getting press attention through that site as well as in your local paper.

If you are going to write an article for that one specific website, why not send the article into the newspaper as well? You could get a lot more exposure from that. In fact, put a section on your website where you have a collection of all your articles. So people can visit your site and learn more.

Also, What are some good specials to offer new clients with a years contract. Like one month free with signed contract
With fall being here. What if you did a free gutter cleaning and flush out with an annual contract?

landonkade
10-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Steve,

As you might already know that i had a trade with a advertising business a few weeks ago for them to do a magazine ad for me in return for me to do her yard for so long.

Been working on her yard off and on since the ad. I was doing some work at her house today and a neighbor seen me and ask me for a price on her yard. She has a old flower bed out front of her house, she wants me to take out and reconstruct her a new flower bed and do some hedge trimming, add plants, and have some curb appeal and color to enhance the look of her property.

I gave her a price of $1,500 due to recontructing, new flower bed, new plants and trees, hedge trimming, winter annuals, and the lawn cutting to have the finished look.

I will know tomorrow probaly if it is a go ahead or not.

Also....

As much as i advertise on myspace alot in different ways, another business offered a trade with me, they said i will get alot of publicity. They want to put a banner with my business name on there website and have it linked to my website. And for me to write a article in the (ask the expert section) of there website for fall/winter upkeep advise to help people, i will also be in the coupon section. Here is there website, its in my town and hasn't been up long http://www.meetdothan.net. In return for me to do lawn maintance on the property for so long. I could also get noticed again by neighbors as i did before

Also you might know that when people do a search for lawn care for my area, Steve had posted it at one time. That i have 7 to 8 search engines out of 10, just on one keyword. I do have alot more keywords that will bring up sometimes 4 to 5 to 6 search engines at a time.

lawncaremarketingmagic,

I remember you said that you would be glad to recontruct that banner ad for the magazine, but it was already published and is out in circulation as we speak. Would you mind helping me on the acticle, i have to turn it in, in a few days.

bump.......

landonkade
10-30-2008, 10:30 PM
bump.......

BANNER is up and running at http://www.meetdothan.net

check it out and tell me what you think, you might have to wait a little bit cause it rotates

also been waiting on reply about writing a article

Steve
10-31-2008, 08:52 AM
I got a screen cap of it to show everyone.

also been waiting on reply about writing a article

I like the idea of it. What kinds of topics are you looking to write on?

LawncareMarketingMagic
11-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Matt,

I responded to your other post, late again, but hopefully not too late.

In terms of the banner ad, it looks great but if you want MORE people to respond you need to give them a reason. Sure, some people will respond because they need something right now, but what about all the people just THINKING about a particular service you might offer? What about the people that have a service provider, but aren't very happy with them and are considering getting someone else?

If you include some type of offer that gets people to at least click on the banner so you can take them to your website to continue or begin the relationship building process. And keep in mind that 'FREE Estimate' or some type of discount aren't very effective anymore because EVERYONE'S doing them.

As far as what to offer for yearly contracts, to be honest, the only way to find out what works is to test different offers. A free month's service is a great thing to test, but you never know how it might compare to something like a free core aeration and overseeding in the fall. Or a free gutter cleaning. Or maybe even a restaurant gift certificate.

Again, you never know what will work best until you test a couple of different options.

landonkade
11-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Matt,

I responded to your other post, late again, but hopefully not too late.

In terms of the banner ad, it looks great but if you want MORE people to respond you need to give them a reason. Sure, some people will respond because they need something right now, but what about all the people just THINKING about a particular service you might offer? What about the people that have a service provider, but aren't very happy with them and are considering getting someone else?

If you include some type of offer that gets people to at least click on the banner so you can take them to your website to continue or begin the relationship building process. And keep in mind that 'FREE Estimate' or some type of discount aren't very effective anymore because EVERYONE'S doing them.

As far as what to offer for yearly contracts, to be honest, the only way to find out what works is to test different offers. A free month's service is a great thing to test, but you never know how it might compare to something like a free core aeration and overseeding in the fall. Or a free gutter cleaning. Or maybe even a restaurant gift certificate.

Again, you never know what will work best until you test a couple of different options.

my bank called me today asking for L & M Lawn Care. They where supposted to be asking for me J & M Lawn Care. People have been calling me L & M for a while, but off and on

So i am thinking about keeping the J & M Lawn Care name, but starting a nursery and landscape business name and have it started with the letter A and with the landscape at the end, something like this example (Allscape Nursery & Landscaping) so that way i can be listed #1 in the yellow page phone book index, index is listed A-Z

Is there anything related to landscaping, nursery, or lawn service starting with the letter A. i could use Trimscape, but that would put me almost at the end of the index in the phone book, if you know what i am saying

I want to be different and stand out from any other lawn service provider, i know everyone is doing the FREE ESTIMATES thing, like for winter i could advertise winterizer or pinestraw or both, just something different and make them want to call me instead of another lawn service, something like SALE on PINESTRAW, can deliver and install for flower beds call ###-####

I want to strive myself to get into neighborhoods say like there is 80 homes, i want to atleast have 25 or more in there with signed contracts, producing $1,000 a day at most after daily expenses

landonkade
11-06-2008, 12:06 AM
I got a screen cap of it to show everyone.

I like the idea of it. What kinds of topics are you looking to write on?

Lawncaremarketingmagic,

So any ideas on what i could put in the banner ad to get them to react to it, the ad only pauses for 2-3 seconds. I have call for details, but i doubt that would get them to call. Any thing catchy up your sleeve,lol

Also about the article situation, they said i could change the articles weekly, or monthly if i wanted to

Steve
11-06-2008, 05:23 AM
What if you said "Get One Free Mowing Click Here!"

Then have it link to your site where you offer them 1 free mowing when they sign up for a month or a years worth of lawn care.

Or you could say "Get a Free T.G.I.Friday's Gift Card. Click Here." Then on your site, offer new customers who sign up for lawn care with you will get a gift card from a local restaurant.

LawncareMarketingMagic
11-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Free mowing might attract a few people, but one thing to remember is that you want to get as many people as possible into your sales funnel as possible. Saying 'Free Mowing' will definitely get a few people to respond, but I bet you'd get even more if you offered a free report titled, '5 Secrets to a Thick, Green, Weed-Free Lawn', then include your call to action like, 'Click Here'.

Then what I'd do is instead of sending them to your regular website I'd set up a special web page called a squeeze page. All it is is a web page who's only purpose is to get people to submit their name and email address in exchange for this free report. You don't mention anything about the 15 different services you offer, or how you've been in business since 19XX, or how.....well, you get the idea.

Then once they submit their information, THEN you could take them to your regular website because you now have their contact information and you can communicate with them via email for free.

Remember, marketing is a step-by-step process and if you try to take your prospects from A to Z in one giant leap, you'll lose more than you'll manage to keep!

Steve
11-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Then once they submit their information, THEN you could take them to your regular website because you now have their contact information and you can communicate with them via email for free.

And then on the regular website you would have the free report titled, '5 Secrets to a Thick, Green, Weed-Free Lawn' available for download?

I am guessing you would want to get information from anyone randomly visiting your site and wanting to download that report as well. So the random web viewer would have to fill out information before downloading as well?

LawncareMarketingMagic
11-07-2008, 02:36 PM
No, you offer the free report BEFORE taking them to your regular web page. It's called a squeeze page and it's only purpose is to capture visitors name and email.

On most websites there are WAYYYYY too many places someone could get lost. A confused mind doesn't act/buy so the key is to create a webpage who's ONLY OPTION is to submit their contact information.

Once they've done this, then you take them to your regular site where they can learn about everything you have to offer.

And yes, you want every visitor to fill out this information. However, if you're worried about losing people to this (the number you'll lose will be much smaller than you'd think), simply place a link that says 'Click Here To Learn About ABC Lawn Care' and then takes them to your regular site.