PDA

View Full Version : Free mowing offer, one week only.

Steve
10-27-2008, 05:47 AM
When you drive around town, I am sure you see plenty of realty sign. Realtors can be quite creative in their marketing and we can learn a lot from them. What if you wanted to build out your route more and wanted to get more customers in the area where you have current customers. This would potentially make your routes tighter by having multiple customers living on the same block.

How can you do this? Well what if you took a yard sign and added a "please take one" box on the side of it that said Free mowing offer. This week only. You could put this sign in a customer's yard and leave it up for a week. Put a bunch of flyers in it that made a real enticing offer like "spend quality time on the weekends with your family, not with your lawn mower. For one week only we are offering a buy one get one free trial of our lawn care service."

If you call us today, we will perform one free lawn cutting when you buy one.

It's a great way to try us out and see how easy it is to take back your weekends. Remember this great offer is only available this week so call today.

I bet you will get neighbors walking or driving by to stop and see what this Free offer is.

Then the following week, put the sign at another customers house and switch it through each customer each week.

What would be great too, is if you included a clause in your lawn care contract that would allow you to put a promotional sign in your customers lawn for 1 week a year.

http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/special-offer-yard-sign-small.jpg

XtreemGreen
10-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Although it sounds like a great idea. It wont work in 99% of the upscale neighborhoods I do work in. There all deed restricted and 1 restriction is NO YARDS SIGNS other than for sale.

the yard sign I wont from gopherhaul was put in a customers yard and that same night I got a call to come take it down. The HOA president called the home owner telling them its not allowed.

LawncareMarketingMagic
10-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Obviously in some neighborhoods it won't work, mostly because it's not allowed. I bet it could be extremely effective in some neighborhoods though. The sign and flyer box should be relatively cheap, so you really wouldn't be out much to at least test it.

For those neighborhood's that don't allow yard signs, I'd send every house on your customer's street a postcard after every service visit presenting the offer. It's not the same as the yard sign, and it costs a little bit more, but at least this way you're guaranteed to get your sales message delivered instead of depending on the prospect to pull the flyer out of the box!