PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Care Business Expo

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey Guys:

I made the drive to Lousiville, KY last night to attend the Garden Industries Expo today. This is the largest lawn care trade show I've attended in recent memory.

Though it rained quite a bit this morning, the convention hall was dry and jam-packed with vendors. The sun came out at 2:00 and I was able to get in 3 good hours demoing the latest equipment on the muddy grounds. :D

The lawn care industry is moving in interesting directions. I am constantly trying to keep up with the latest so I can pass it along.

Steve
10-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Did any of the equipment stand out to you? Which did you really like?

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
There were so many ideas that caught my eye.

First was the number of propane models that are either on the market or in the design phase. I spoke with a number of manufacturers who are investing large sums of money into propane design. Initially, I thought propane as a money saving idea over gasoline. This isn't the case at all. The main advantage of propane is its reduced pollution.

In a growing number of cities LCOs are not allowed to operate gasoline powered mowers during "code-red" air pollution days. Propane powered mowers meet air pollition guidelines allowing them to operate even during code-red days. I demoed a few models including a Gravely that is yet to be put into major production.

The second group of interesting products was from independent guys making their own equipment. Some equipment is to be sold to mfg's as design additions for current lawn equipment. One neat idea which, being from the south, I haven't used before is heated hand grips. I can definately see wher this will be useful for anyone having to do winter cleanup yard work. Another was a really neat hand powered sweeper to pickup leaves and trash.

I'm just now beginning to index my pics and vid. Will post more later.

Steve
10-30-2008, 06:36 AM
I look forwards to seeing more of your pics and videos.

I haven't used before is heated hand grips.

I bet it must have been fascinating to talk to these inventors!

Do you know what their website is?