PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys im new! Can someone give pointers?

unstopable
10-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey there! i bought three of the books from the gopher site. I must say they have helped. I just bought a Exmark mower, I have a full size truck, trailer, and the rest of the equipment i need. In other words im ready to start mowing come spring. Im lacking one thing. Clients. Im turning 19 in a month or so, that means im still young. Im still in college and working a minimum wage job so im not looking to get rich off this, it would be nice to make more than minimum wage though. Right now i have about 6 clients for spring. Im looking for 15-20. How tough do you guys think this will be for me to get? Can anyone on here give me good cheap ways to get 10 to 15 more clients? Thanks!

Steve
10-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi,

Welcome to our forum.

I would say the cheapest way to get customers is to get business cards made up and hand them out to everyone you know. Tell your friends to tel their friends.

Also, are you going to be offering any services this fall/winter so you can then potentially get those customers to become mowing customers in the spring?

unstopable
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
i dont have a truck to plow no. Im in michigan so it does snow. I was really planning on just starting in spring

Steve
10-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Have you considered hanging holiday lights this fall/winter? That could help as well to gain you more customers for next Spring.

unstopable
10-26-2008, 08:44 PM
no i have not, i didnt realize people hired others to hang their decorations. Is this a pretty popular thing?

Steve
10-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Many lawn care business owners offer this service in the winter. Ideally the goal is to attract customers all year long, every season. Not just the mowing season because those customers you provide outdoor decoration service for can turn into mowing customers in the spring.