PDA

View Full Version : Guarantee

tiedeman
04-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Well, I decided what I am going to do:

We guarantee our work. If you are not happy with your last application, the next one is free of charge.

Now should I use "we" or should I use "I"

NickN
04-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Use "I" in this case.Makes it more personal.

Steve
04-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Troy this is just my view. I don't know which is best but if I had a lawn applicator I was not happy with, I wouldn't want the next service free, I would just want them gone.

However, I wonder, say a customer says I am not happy with the application and you give the next one free, then what? Do you keep servicing them throughout the year or is that it?

If that is it, why put any more energy into that customer, just refund the money and move on to find a longer term customer.

What's your view on this?

Billz
04-04-2006, 11:39 AM
here's my fert guy's guarantee:
I guarantee your complete satisfaction. Your property will be treated by professionals with respect to details. I will work on your lawn until you are satisfied.

Steve
04-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Thank you for posting it.

Bill as a consumer, which would make you more want to use the company?

The one you posted or one where you would get a refund?

tiedeman
04-04-2006, 12:14 PM
The reason that I thought about the next one for free, because then it is more likely that perhaps a good customer will stick around. Now, what if something happens that was really my fault, and I only give them the last fertilization for free, and then they move on. I really can't correct the situation I feel

Steve
04-04-2006, 12:17 PM
That is true.

I don't know which would work better, but the important thing is that you are trying and experimenting.

tiedeman
04-04-2006, 12:49 PM
that is true.

I am going to have to think about it really thoroughly and figure out what would work the best

Steve
04-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Ask your friends and family.

See which guarentee they would prefer.

tiedeman
04-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ April 04 2006,12:44)]Thank you for posting it.

Bill as a consumer, which would make you more want to use the company?

The one you posted or one where you would get a refund?
I am curious too what you think Bill

Billz
04-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Well, no matter what you did, if I was not satisfied with an application, I would not want another crappy application. I would try something like: "If you are unhappy with an application, call me personally and I will correct the problem within 48 hours, or refund your money. cell#******-.

If trugreen ferted my lawn and killed it all, why would I want them coming back to do it again? maybe try to put a picture of a guy on his knees with a magnifying glass looking at the grass under your gaurantee, to make people think that you would really do that to fix their lawn... just a suggestion. Here their is a company called AAA Turf, whose logo is basically that image, and they have about 15 crews out every day, doing only fert... because I think people feel they would be more than a fert and go company, really caring about their grass...they do the same as all the others, fert and go.lol

tiedeman
04-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Do you think though the whole offer about giving them something for FREE, that may fix the problem, worth it?

tiedeman
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
We guarantee our work. If you are not fully satisfied with every treatment, simply let us know and we'll make it right.

What about something like that then?

Steve
04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Quote[/b] ]If you are unhappy with an application, call me personally and I will correct the problem within 48 hours, or refund your money. cell#******-.
I do like this. It sounds rock solid. It encapsulates the guarentee along with point of trying to fix the problem.