PDA

View Full Version : Town Neck Mowing & Lawn Care

townneckmowing
10-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi,My name is Edward and I started Town Neck Mowing in the spring of this year. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

This is a great site.

Edward
Town Neck Mowing
Sandwich,Ma.

Steve
10-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Hi Edward,

Welcome to our forum! What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

townneckmowing
10-24-2008, 12:50 PM
I was sick of working hard for someone else and they make all the money now I work hard for me and I make all the money. And I don't mind mowing the lawn so I thought it would be great business. Plus my wife had to stop working to take care of our son. He has brain cancer.It is around the clock care.So the lawn mowing brings in some extra money.
I still have a full time job working over night as security. My goal is to make it the other way around.
This is my first year out and I have about 12 customers, I hope I can double that next year.
Steve you have a great site here. I have used some of the ideas from the other members.Keep up the good work.

Edward
Town Neck Mowing
Sandwich,Ma.
http://www.myspace.com/townneckmowing

Steve
10-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi Edward,

I hope your son makes a full recovery! Keep thinking positive thoughts!

What kinds of things are you doing to attract customers? What kinds of services are you going to be offering this fall and winter?

Have you considered looking into helping raise money for the local cancer society? If you contacted the local group, they could offer you ways to help out. Then you could possibly pull something together where you could do a good deed for the cancer society, bring awareness to the medical issues and meet people who could help your business grow.

What if you asked around town if different business owners could donate a product or service to your charity auction. Maybe you could donate something like a fall cleanup or a months worth of free mowing or something like that. You could get other local businesses involved and then have a silent auction for it with all proceeds going to the charity. This could probably help you raise money and build goodwill within your community.

You could probably put a press release together for the local paper and in it say that you are donating to this cause and you are looking for other local business owners to donate as well. I bet it would get printed too.

Each one of us has a unique story and reason why we do what we do. When we are able to harness that inner drive, we harness something very powerful.

What are your thoughts on something like this?