PDA

View Full Version : Customer Letters

prestigelawnservice
10-22-2008, 11:17 AM
At one time I thought there was an end of the year letter template in this section. Did a search found nothing. Was it taken off or in another section

Thanks

Steve
10-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, when I switched over to the new forum it is possible some things got lost but I don't remember taking it off.

What were you looking for the letter to say?

prestigelawnservice
10-22-2008, 12:51 PM
It said something like end of the season, last billing, thanks for the business and contacting them when its gets closer to spring. It was basic end of season letter

Thanks

Steve
10-22-2008, 01:07 PM
I found it and added it to the free letter section. Let me know if that helps.

prestigelawnservice
10-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks Steve. That was the one I was looking for.

Steve
10-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Great! Let me know how it works out.

landonkade
10-23-2008, 12:18 AM
I found it and added it to the free letter section. Let me know if that helps.

Do you have any letters explaining that lawn service is a Year Around Service. Here where i live Alabama, it never really gets very cold, winter months are in the 50's and then warms up. I have heard that in the winter time is where lawn care operators make more money, than spring, cause you dont go out as much, but they still pay the same to have a steady price though out the year.

When i ask the customer if they want a yearly service, they say YES, this will be 12 months, and they say yes, but some cancel on me when winter comes, and i try to stress to them, i tell the customer we have to make a living to just like you, dont you get a paycheck in the winter months, do you pay bills, and they say YES I DO, i say I DO TO. I say didnt you agree to have a yearly service, they say YES. I ask them whats wrong. They say the grass isnt growing. I tell them you still have the 1/3 to take off to have that cleaner look, and so on, and so on.

I thought about getting them to sign the contracts, they have a copy and i have a copy, and then each and every time i come out to do the service they get a invoice and i sign it and they sign it they get a copy and i get a copy, and a 10 day gross, if not paid, then late charges apply

I have some accounts that have not paid in 3 months, and some that havent paid in 27 days. Thinking about sending them a certified letter by a lawyer

landonkade
10-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Do you have any letters explaining that lawn service is a Year Around Service. Here where i live Alabama, it never really gets very cold, winter months are in the 50's and then warms up. I have heard that in the winter time is where lawn care operators make more money, than spring, cause you dont go out as much, but they still pay the same to have a steady price though out the year.

When i ask the customer if they want a yearly service, they say YES, this will be 12 months, and they say yes, but some cancel on me when winter comes, and i try to stress to them, i tell the customer we have to make a living to just like you, dont you get a paycheck in the winter months, do you pay bills, and they say YES I DO, i say I DO TO. I say didnt you agree to have a yearly service, they say YES. I ask them whats wrong. They say the grass isnt growing. I tell them you still have the 1/3 to take off to have that cleaner look, and so on, and so on.

I thought about getting them to sign the contracts, they have a copy and i have a copy, and then each and every time i come out to do the service they get a invoice and i sign it and they sign it they get a copy and i get a copy, and a 10 day gross, if not paid, then late charges apply

I have some accounts that have not paid in 3 months, and some that havent paid in 27 days. Thinking about sending them a certified letter by a lawyer

bump.............

Steve
10-24-2008, 04:48 AM
There are some contract samples that you can use for a year round monthly payments.

Also there is a letter template to send to people who are late in paying their invoices.

Let me know how that works out for you.

LawncareMarketingMagic
10-27-2008, 03:43 PM
One of the ways to overcome this 'cold weather reluctance' on the part of your customers is to stay in touch with them during these colder months.

Even though you're not providing service as often as the summertime, by communicating with them frequently through either an e-mail newsletter, a hard copy newsletter (the BEST way), or just by calling once a month, you have the opportunity to educate them on your services.

Plus, this gives you an opportunity to tell them how much you appreciate their business. Studies have shown that 62% of customers cancel or don't patronize a business again simply because they feel under-appreciated.

Make them feel appreciated and a lot of your 'cancelation' or late-pay problems will go away.

landonkade
10-27-2008, 09:25 PM
One of the ways to overcome this 'cold weather reluctance' on the part of your customers is to stay in touch with them during these colder months.

Even though you're not providing service as often as the summertime, by communicating with them frequently through either an e-mail newsletter, a hard copy newsletter (the BEST way), or just by calling once a month, you have the opportunity to educate them on your services.

Plus, this gives you an opportunity to tell them how much you appreciate their business. Studies have shown that 62% of customers cancel or don't patronize a business again simply because they feel under-appreciated.

Make them feel appreciated and a lot of your 'cancelation' or late-pay problems will go away.

Communication is KEY......I have alot of return customers due to keeping in touch and great work

Steve
10-28-2008, 03:58 AM
Matt have you found certain things that you have been doing with your communication to really stand out with your customers? If so, what kinds of things?