PDA

View Full Version : white & green

marcus
10-21-2008, 04:02 PM
my name is marcus,im new at this so i didnt think it would be this hard to start, i get lots of calls for estimates, but never got any but i will not quit...

Steve
10-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi Marcus,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of jobs are you getting called for? Do you have any thoughts as to why this is happening so far?

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Marcus:

It's good that you are getting lots of calls. Your advertising must be working.

What are your customer's reactions when you give estimates? Is your price too high or do they say they will think about it and just never call you back?

There are many steps in professional and effective lawn care estimating (http://www.startalawncarebusiness.com/lawncareestimating.shtml).
I will list two ideas.

1) Sell quality. Don't let potential customers pick someone else simply because your bid is a few dollars higher. Let them know that you do quality work and that you are dependable. Take your potential customers for tours of their lawns as you give estimates. Point out areas that you will pay attention too and show them how you can make a dramatic improvement in their yard.

2) Be ready to work immediately. I have found when doing estimates if I have my equipment with me and I can work immediately they often say "go ahead" right away. Once they see a quality job they almost always sign on as regular customers.

Knowing and following all the steps will greatly increase your acceptance ratio.
Keith
http://www.StartALawnCareBusiness.com

marcus
10-22-2008, 01:22 AM
the jobs are luxury condos the normal price is 80-85 dollors a month on each unit i am charging $70 a month and they are going for the cheap price wich is around 50 to 60 a month..... and i do act profetional with all the paper work , like written estimate, letter from the insurance and wcb clearence but, i will not quit ill keep trying

Steve
10-22-2008, 06:06 AM
the jobs are luxury condos the normal price is 80-85 dollors a month on each unit i am charging $70 a month and they are going for the cheap price wich is around 50 to 60 a month.

Are these condos handled by a home owner's association or do you provide the bids to each individual condo owner? How long does it take to service each unit per weekly visit?

Also how did you find out that "the normal price is 80-85 dollars a month," did someone there give you some feedback as to what the previous bids were?

marcus
10-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Are these condos handled by a home owner's association or do you provide the bids to each individual condo owner? How long does it take to service each unit per weekly visit?

Also how did you find out that "the normal price is 80-85 dollars a month," did someone there give you some feedback as to what the previous bids were?

they are run by a condo association and they range from 24 units-36 units so it will take around 4-6 hours a week in lawn mow for all units, i found out it was 80-85 a unit by asking some guys that have been doing it for years... they do tell me that they got cheaper estimates but then they say (we go for the best service not the price ) thats what they say and then end up not givving me work so im still getting lots of calls i am going to keep on going so ill see what goes on

marcus
10-23-2008, 10:22 AM
hey steve i wanna mention im in canada, and i just got an email to go and estimate for sidewalks how should i charge for sidewalks would you know please let me know, is it buy the meter or by the foot please let me know

marcus
10-23-2008, 06:31 PM

hey steve i wanna mention im in canada, and i just got an email to go and estimate for sidewalks how should i charge for sidewalks would you know please let me know, is it buy the meter or by the foot please let me know

MacTrina
10-23-2008, 09:20 PM
80.00 a unit at 24 units thats 1920.00 and you say its only 4 to 6 hours of mowing I think you have a lot to learn in this business. theres no way you are going to make 2000. in 6 hours

Little's
10-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Well even considering the Canadian dollar value, that still seems high. think about how much you would like to make per hour, and try to come up with a fair price to present to the association.

Steve
10-24-2008, 04:44 AM

Marcus I moved your post to the estimate section and I answered in there.

80.00 a unit at 24 units thats 1920.00 and you say its only 4 to 6 hours of mowing I think you have a lot to learn in this business. theres no way you are going to make 2000. in 6 hours

What do you feel would be more of a market rate or do you think the man hour estimate is off?

marcus
10-24-2008, 08:46 PM

well they have small back yard and i have a 3 guys working, it takes 4 -6 hours a week and plus they are side by side so no travei time, and its 80 a month and i have to do it weekly,