PDA

View Full Version : Missed calls

Steve
04-03-2006, 07:48 PM
How many phone calls do you miss a day that you have to later return?

tiedeman
04-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Too many....on average 5 or 6.

p.s. Are you in the office tonight to talk?

Steve
04-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Can you tell with caller-id if they are new customers or not?

If so what % seem to be new?

What percentage of them when you call back say they have found someone else?

Or in other words how many jobs do you feel you lose because of that?

tiedeman
04-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Well, probably half of the callers actually leave a message, while others don't. Then I would say probably less than 10% have found someone else time I call back.

I say that I probably lose around 25% of sales because I don't have someone live answering the phone.

Steve
04-03-2006, 08:44 PM
How much money do you think that equals, in lost revenue per week or month?

tiedeman
04-03-2006, 09:05 PM
hard to say. I am guessing probably between $300 a week, $1200 a month. I am basing this on 2 calls a day lost in sales, 5 days a week, based on $30 each call.

kc2006
04-03-2006, 09:45 PM
I have my mother answering the phone for me while I'm out, it seems people are always more open to women when first talking. When she answered the phone she always gets small talk going on with potential clients, then when I get there they always compliment on how nice the person was that answerd the phone. I'm trying to find out how or if its possible to have the calls forwarded to my cell phone after X amount of rings. I've heard of others doing that, not sure if all companies do it though.

That could be a good way to save your lost sales Troy.

tiedeman
04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
I tried the whole forwarding calls to my cell phone before and it drove me nutz. It seemed like I could never get work done. It was really bad.

Steve
04-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Troy I realy think you should consider getting someone to answer your calls. Someone maybe like a stay at home mother. Someone in the area or not. Where you pay them per day possibly.

We need to streamline all this more and more in your business and take the stress off you. You could then call in to who ever is taking your calls, during the day when you are freed up from what you are doing. Then you can decide who needs a returned call and the priority of it.

I think not having this is going to hold back your growth. Because when people are reaching out to you for your services, it's too easy for them to just call someone else. Having someone answer your phone will give you a competitive advantage.

tiedeman
04-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, I am hoping that perhaps my wife can start doing it. She is transfering to another hospital here soon, and for the first month or two she will only be working 24hrs a week. So I will throw her into doing it for a while.

Steve
04-04-2006, 01:52 PM
How much do you think it would cost you to have someone do this out of their own house and would it be worth it?

tiedeman
04-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, Michigans minimum wage just got raised up big time. *It is going from like $5.15, to $7.40 in less than two years. *They are doing a two year phase program. *So I could see myself spending around $350 a week. *If you take that to what I think I could make extra in sales, I personally feel at this time for me, it wouldn't be worth it paying someone that much.

Yes, I would love to do it, but not at this time

Steve
04-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, if they were doing it out of their own home, couldn't they be contractors? And since they are working out of their own home, I would think you could pay them less than that because, where else could they do this and still stay home?

tiedeman
04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Yes, true. Perhaps I could pull some type of commission thing with it

Steve
04-04-2006, 02:05 PM
You could also maybe base it on a per call too.

It would be a good way to test it out and then play with the idea more.

I bet plenty of people in your area would love to do this. Maybe even someone retired?

Could you pay $30 or $40 a day to have this done?

That's money they can make for just sitting at home.

Billz
04-04-2006, 10:12 PM
That is a good idea, alot of women stay home with their kids, but feel the pinch when their husband is the only one working, I bet you would find alot of them willing to do that!

Steve
04-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I think so too. How would you handle the phones? Give them a cell? Or what would you suggest?