PDA

View Full Version : hello all newbie from ohio

lazyhusband
10-18-2008, 10:19 PM
hi i am thomas from columbus ohio.
i just ran across this site while i was looking for info about starting my own business. so far its helping. i will be starting my own lawn mowing company with my wife this coming spring. i have been workin in the field for the past 6 months for a friend of mine. i am going to be coming a partner in his business and will have my own accounts. i will have lots of questions to ask. i have been looking for my nitche in life and after this past summer i have found it.

so i hope to get all the knowledge and enjoyment from this field of work. i actuall dont consider it work. its my enjoyment.

MacTrina
10-18-2008, 10:41 PM
how many customers does your friend have and how many are you looking to have this spring. Im from Reynoldsburg

lazyhusband
10-19-2008, 04:37 PM
he has around 60 spreadout to four of us. i am looking to have 40 to 50 myself

Steve
10-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi Tom,

Welcome to our forum.

i will be starting my own lawn mowing company with my wife this coming spring. i have been workin in the field for the past 6 months for a friend of mine. i am going to be coming a partner in his business and will have my own accounts.

Can you tell us a little more on your plan on how all this is going to work?

lazyhusband
10-20-2008, 02:12 PM
well thats what i am on here for to learn how to get the clientele and what equipment to use and all the paper work that goes with it. so where should i start.

Steve
10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Well I would get some business cards and start handing them out to everyone I know.

If you are involved in any social organizations, I would tell all of the members about it and then I would scale that up to handing out flyers in my area etc.

Start with the simple marketing concepts and scale them up as you go.