PDA

View Full Version : What are your keywords?

Steve
10-16-2008, 11:33 PM
When someone is searching for lawn care service on the internet, which key words will bring them to your site?

This is a very interesting question.

If your ideal keyword count should be between 10% and 20% of the total word count of your site, where are you ranking?

To figure this out do the following.
Right click on your websites main page and then left click on select all.
Open up your word processor and then paste the text into a new document.
Use the word count feature of your word processor to show you the total word count of your webpage.
Then do a search and see how many times each of your keywords appear.
(total word count) divided by (keyword count) will give you the percentage.
Try this out and see how you are doing.

What are your keywords? Well say for instance you lived in Denver, Co and offered lawn care. They might be Denver Lawn Care or Denver lawn maintenance. If you are unsure of what your keywords should be, ask your friends or family, what words they would search for to find a local lawn care business online and go with the words you hear most often in response. I would think you would want to keep the keyword count to a minimum, maybe 4 or so.

You can also experiment with this site to see how you rank. http://www.gorank.com

What is your view on this?

landonkade
10-18-2008, 12:38 AM
When someone is searching for lawn care service on the internet, which key words will bring them to your site?

This is a very interesting question.

If your ideal keyword count should be between 10% and 20% of the total word count of your site, where are you ranking?

To figure this out do the following.
Right click on your websites main page and then left click on select all.
Open up your word processor and then paste the text into a new document.
Use the word count feature of your word processor to show you the total word count of your webpage.
Then do a search and see how many times each of your keywords appear.
(total word count) divided by (keyword count) will give you the percentage.
Try this out and see how you are doing.

What are your keywords? Well say for instance you lived in Denver, Co and offered lawn care. They might be Denver Lawn Care or Denver lawn maintenance. If you are unsure of what your keywords should be, ask your friends or family, what words they would search for to find a local lawn care business online and go with the words you hear most often in response. I would think you would want to keep the keyword count to a minimum, maybe 4 or so.

You can also experiment with this site to see how you rank. http://www.gorank.com

What is your view on this?

When people to a search for lawn service or lawn care in my area i am usually have all 7 slots out of 10 or sometimes 8 slots out of 10 on the search engine

Steve- do a search for lawn care in dothan on google and show the image on here of how i am ranked on the one keyword, i am trying to post the pic of the image showing how i am ranked on the search engine, but i forgot how to do it, if you dont mind doing it- you will see a bunch of J & M Lawn Care links. Also i am located in the local business directory letter D., but is there someway i can be A.

If you do a search for pressure washing in dothan, i am the letter A. there

Steve
10-20-2008, 09:51 AM
HOLY CRAP!

I can't believe this! When I was reading what you said, I just thought to myself no way are you going to be in all those listings and WOW was I wrong!

Great job!

How did you figure out how to do that?

Have you been tracking your incoming calls to see how many are coming from your website?

http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/dolan-lawncare-google.jpg