PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Waterford MI

flykelley
10-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi Guys
I am in my first year of lawn care. I have a snowplowing buisness, but this past spring I bought some high end accounts in lawn care. I love the magnet idea and I am looking forward to trying that. I have started small and will control my growth. Looking forward to new ideas to help grow my buisness.

Regards Mike Kelley
Mikes Snow N Mow

Steve
10-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own business?

What kinds of marketing have you been doing?

legendlawn
10-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Mike:

I find it interesting that you started your snow removal business THEN got into mowing. Most people do it the opposite way. How did you get into the snow removal business? I have a lawn and landscape operation, and I am looking at getting into snow.

flykelley
10-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Mike:

I find it interesting that you started your snow removal business THEN got into mowing. Most people do it the opposite way. How did you get into the snow removal business? I have a lawn and landscape operation, and I am looking at getting into snow.Hi Legendlawn
I wanted to stay away from Lawn care, I thought too many guys charging only $200.00 a lawn. I also am a pilot so I like to have time to fly in the summer. Ended up buying some high end lawn accounts from a guy who was moving out of state. I got into to snow, because I wanted something to do in the winter and the truck does all of the work. In Michigan snow plowing pays pretty good. I bought a truck and started knocking on door.

Good Luck Mike

Steve
10-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Mike,

Do you have any pictures of any of the planes you fly? I'd love to see more about your flying interest.

flykelley
10-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Mike,

Do you have any pictures of any of the planes you fly? I'd love to see more about your flying interest.Hi Steve
Yes I will post some pictures this weekend. Also the subject of magents came up and saw the video with mangets and phone numbers. I am checking on ordering some with 10 local buisness on them. Great idea from you guys.

Regards Mike

Steve
10-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Also the subject of magents came up and saw the video with mangets and phone numbers. I am checking on ordering some with 10 local buisness on them. Great idea from you guys.

Oh I'd love to see what you come up with, with that as well. How did you go about getting 10 other local business owners with you on this? Any advice for others wanting to do this?