PDA

View Full Version : Equipment

Red Panda
10-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Does anyone find a differentce between, Stilh, Husqvarna, and other types of lawn care equipemnt?

Currently I own Husqvarna products and am quite pleased with them so far. I am only using a self proplelled mower, trimmer, and chainsaw.

I have 39 residentail properties and three commercial properties, My company started up in Aug of this year. Any ideas for growth and equpment reccomened?
My next Item I would like to buy is a dethatcher.

Any Ideas, Thanks

Steve
10-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi Jason,

Welcome to our forum.

What's your view on why you would like to buy a de-thatcher? How much would you be spending on one?

Red Panda
10-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Well I am the person who rather stay loyal to one company. Ie Husky products so far. I asked the dealer and the machine, flail blade and bagger is $2250.

The reason I would buy it, is to promote a better lawn earlier in the year by getting rid of all the dead grass and leaves, that build up in fall and winter. Is my logic twisted?

I was also thinking of renting one too see how it works, I have never used one before so i am not sure about the product.

justin_time
10-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I was also thinking of renting one too see how it works, I have never used one before so i am not sure about the product.

My dealers is also a Husqvarna/Stihl dealer and he suggested me to buy the damn aerator/detatcher instead of renting them that way i'm the only one around that has one and they would mention my name for those who have one

Just a tought,

Red Panda
10-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Are you getting more buisness because of it, justin_time?

justin_time
10-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Are you getting more buisness because of it, justin_time?

I could be because people are asking for Aerating, and I can only borrow the one you pull behind a tractor and they are like... no i'll do it myself.

So if I would assume I could be doing lots of money with that service

Steve
10-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi Jason,

I would say think about this.

How many aerations would you need to do to pay this off at $2250.

What would you charge per aeration? How many customers would you need to break even for the cost?

How much does it cost to rent one?

How often would you be doing aeration? All year long or only for a specific time each year?

Red Panda
10-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Steve,

I found out a renal agency will cost meabout 560/ week.

I figure if I buy a new one it would take me 2 years of use for it to pay for itself. However if I advertise dethatching as my new truck decals say I hope to incress use of the machine.

One can never say a certine price as u know, sizes and the amount of tree and stuff will affect the cost. So every customer is different as you know.

Thanks for the advice,

Jason

Steve
10-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Jason,

How many aeration customers do you think you can line up?

How many times a year do you feel you would aerate lawns?

Red Panda
10-09-2008, 07:42 PM
At the moment i have 40 residental homes and three commercial properties at the moment for aeration.

I would aerate in the spring and then as needed every year.

We will see how my truck advertising does after I get it put on.