PDA

View Full Version : What size is ideal?

Steve
10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
This would make for a great poll.

What size business would be ideal for you?

I was talking to a lawn care business employee the other day and he was telling me how he works for a lawn care business that has 5 crews and trucks. He was saying how he has no ambition at all to run his own business because at 5pm he wants to know he can go home and forget about work.

He said his boss is stressed out all the time and works every night until 9pm.

So my question is, what is the ideal size business for you? Do you dream of having multiple crews or just 1 employee, you?

justin_time
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
This would make for a great poll.

What size business would be ideal for you?

I was talking to a lawn care business employee the other day and he was telling me how he works for a lawn care business that has 5 crews and trucks. He was saying how he has no ambition at all to run his own business because at 5pm he wants to know he can go home and forget about work.

He said his boss is stressed out all the time and works every night until 9pm.

So my question is, what is the ideal size business for you? Do you dream of having multiple crews or just 1 employee, you?

Where I want to go, is have 2 trucks and have 3 guys on each trucks so 5 guys + me

That is my ideal goal.

I also see myself having trailers (yes, more than 1) with side ramps from now on :D :D :D

musician/lawnman
10-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I run a 3 man crew now, (2 men + myself). Next year I plan to run a main crew with 2-3 employees then run a 2nd truck myself & pick up a helper to help me as the business grows further. We'll see how it goes.

If the route is real tight (low drive times) than 3 per crew is ideal. If not 2 is enough & the labor for 3 men driving all over is too much so it kills productivity.

I run mon, tue, & wed with 3 guys & fri-sat with just 2 for that reason.