PDA

View Full Version : Zero turn with a Dual purpose

R&B Enterprise
10-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Thought i would share my latest project with everybody, since i have mentioned a few times that i am mounting a plow to a Zero Turn. This is a work in progress.

Rob

justin_time
10-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Nice

I should post this for everybody.

There's a kit online you can buy to get yourself a plow for your ZTR

http://www.countryztr.com/

Keep us posted on your project

I am seriously looking into this.. but I got to get a ZTR first, that's why the new trailer ;)

R&B Enterprise
10-04-2008, 04:52 PM
i have check in to the kits and e-mailed the manufactor and because this is a Residental Zero turn by troy-built and the way the front suspension and body are designed the kits will not fit. So i am making my own. Not sure if this will work. might be buying a new Zero turn for the new mowing Season ?

Rob

justin_time
10-04-2008, 04:58 PM
might be buying a new Zero turn for the new mowing Season ?

Rob

Yeah, I might. If not, it will be in 2 years since I'm probably gonna buy a snowblower and a trailer this fall/winter so yeah. I don't want to overbudget myself

Steve
10-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi Rob! That is great! You are so creative.

Can you walk us through each of those pictures and explain what you are doing in each of them. Since it is your project you know a lot more than us what you are adding or welding on.

Will the plow be able to raise and lower? Or pivot? If so, how?

I'd love to hear more.

R&B Enterprise
10-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Steve
i will try and explain. 3 of the photos are just overall photo. the Close up photo of the mounting bracket. the mounting braket is made from 1/4 plate steel,and will have 4 bolts holding it to the mower body (two on top plate)(2 on vertical plate (not installed yet)then i used 1/2x1/2 flat stock 8in in length this service 2 purposes. provides a pivot point for the plow and stregthens the vertical flat plate. then i plan on running 1/2 x1/2 flat stock from mounting hole on each side of the plow to the height adjustment linkage on the mower. So when i move the height lever to the lowest setting the plow will be in the up position and highest setting the plow will be down. i can also angle the plow left or Right by removing a pin at the pivot point (Plow,yellow and pivot mount,Black). the plow is off a John deer Garden tractor, i bought it used from my local JD dealer. there are companyies that make plows for ZTR's, but i have a Residental RZT. it has a independant front end, and the body is flat metal bent to form the body, so its weak and when i talked the the company Rep's they said "sorry cant help you, good luck". well it fueled my determination to make it work. (i hope) the stress being exerted pushing snow just might tear up the body beyond repair. I hope to take some of the shock out by removeing the steel cutting blade and installing a rubber blade that is 1/2 thick x 4in wide. hope this helps explain a little better.

Rob

P.S here are a couple of site if interested about ZTR plows

http://www.agricover.com **Look under Snow plow

http://www.countryztr.com

Steve
10-05-2008, 02:04 PM
(not installed yet)then i used 1/2x1/2 flat stock 8in in length this service 2 purposes. provides a pivot point for the plow and stregthens the vertical flat plate. then i plan on running 1/2 x1/2 flat stock from mounting hole on each side of the plow to the height adjustment linkage on the mower. So when i move the height lever to the lowest setting the plow will be in the up position and highest setting the plow will be down. i can also angle the plow left or Right by removing a pin at the pivot point (Plow,yellow and pivot mount,Black).

This is really awesome! Could you show us more pictures after you do that part?

R&B Enterprise
10-06-2008, 01:12 AM
i will keep you updated as work progresses, its slow going because i only have a light duty welder,that barely hold the pieces together, until i can get the metal to my welder so he can weld it properly. my plan is to shoot a video of the mower on its maiden run.

Steve -PM me about video setup.