PDA

View Full Version : Stripes

rparker11
10-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I Just started Cutting grass in the begining of 07 im 19 now got my first walkbehind (52" ferris LOVE IT) in august of 07 and practice makes perfect i cant say im anywhere close but you gotta love the stripes.

Steve
10-04-2008, 01:21 PM
That is beautiful work! I bet your properties stand out from others in the area. Do you have any suggestions on how to get lawn stripes to look so nice?

rparker11
10-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I just try to keep my blades sharp and do different angles but use the same lines when I redo a angle. It makes it a lot more fun to cut when you can look back and see how good it looks

XtreemGreen
10-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Nice looking stripes you got going. You could add a roller or chains to the back and make them look even better.
Stripes down here are rather difficult to do. the grass is much thicker and stiffer than the northern grasses. Ive done it, but used a home made roller and had to go over it twice to make them look half way decent.

boog
06-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Nice looking stripes you got going. You could add a roller or chains to the back and make them look even better.
Stripes down here are rather difficult to do. the grass is much thicker and stiffer than the northern grasses. Ive done it, but used a home made roller and had to go over it twice to make them look half way decent.

you got pic of that homemade roller ?? i made one it dos ok

Steve
06-26-2011, 06:30 PM
That looks very nice! What did you do to make your roller?

boog
06-26-2011, 11:05 PM
That looks very nice! What did you do to make your roller?

Thank you !!!!! just call me magyver i used 1/4'' steel plate 1/2'' pvc pipe a fence post and some nuts and bolts