PDA

View Full Version : Well im out of the lawn care biz!

jkuhn
10-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Its been awhile since I last posted due to a family emergency back in PA. I ended up selling my business in florida two days before I moved backed to PA with very short notice. All my customers transfered to the new owner and last I heard things are going great. Sad to say but its kind of nice being out of the biz. I now own and operate a worldwide online book store that sells all diffrent kinds of books like College text book, self help, how to, cooking, parenting and yes even some on lawn care! Things are going great and keep building every day. Feel free to browse our inventory and see if you finds something that you may want, we ship worldwide, with fast, direct shipping with free delivery confirmation. Check us out at: www.amazon.com/shops/mediasalesshop (http://www.amazon.com/shops/mediasalesshop)

Steve
10-03-2008, 01:46 PM
WOW! I almost missed this post!

What did you think of the process of selling your lawn care business? Do you have any advice on the process for others that may be going through it?

jkuhn
10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Well Steve I dont think it could have been any easier for me, I guess I'm just lucky because every thing fell right into place which i'm sure doesnt happen very often! Like I said I had about a weeks notice when I found out, so the first thing I did was post an ad on craigslist and within hours I had prob. 10 replies which I started to weed out the ones i didnt feel were serious about it. I then let my customers know what was going on and two days later I had a solid deal, we signed all the paper work and took the new owner around to every property and give him all my paperwork/contracts and just about everything that had to do with the business. The new owner Todd then took over the next day. I really liked the business, the online book store that I operate now is a completly diffrent business but I like it alot, if you get a chance check out the online amazon store at: www.amazon.com/shops/mediasalesshop

Steve
10-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Very neat stuff!

What kinds of things have you been doing to promote your new online bookstore? I got a bunch of books on Amazon, I bet you could add them to your list and make a green industry book section as well.