PDA

View Full Version : Stained Glass Business

Steve
10-01-2008, 10:38 PM
I got this great email from someone who has an interest in starting a stained glass business and I had a bunch of ideas for them. This is a great mental exercise to consider all the possibilities and if you want to jump in and offer more advice please feel free.

http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/stained-glass.jpg

I think one of the things I would do is create a website with different pictures of the stained glass projects I have made.

Then I would advertise weekly on craigslist that I could repair stain glass windows. I am sure stained glass windows are constantly being broken and it takes a skill to fix them.

I would give each of my customers a magnetic business card.

I would also get a paypal account and offer for sale my stained glass projects online. Maybe I would even sell them via ebay too.

I would contact the local library and see if I could put on a display of my stained glass projects. This could then be promoted in the local paper to get your name out.

Then I would also offer to host a stained glass class at the local library. This could be promoted in the paper most likely for free as well.

I would do a youtube video on the creation of your different projects.

I don't think you would even need to register a business name. Just have check payments made to your name.

What are some of your ideas?

justin_time
10-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I got this great email from someone who has an interest in starting a stained glass business and I had a bunch of ideas for them. This is a great mental exercise to consider all the possibilities and if you want to jump in and offer more advice please feel free.

I think one of the things I would do is create a website with different pictures of the stained glass projects I have made.

Then I would advertise weekly on craigslist that I could repair stain glass windows. I am sure stained glass windows are constantly being broken and it takes a skill to fix them.

I would give each of my customers a magnetic business card.

I would also get a paypal account and offer for sale my stained glass projects online. Maybe I would even sell them via ebay too.

I would contact the local library and see if I could put on a display of my stained glass projects. This could then be promoted in the local paper to get your name out.

Then I would also offer to host a stained glass class at the local library. This could be promoted in the paper most likely for free as well.

I would do a youtube video on the creation of your different projects.

I don't think you would even need to register a business name. Just have check payments made to your name.

What are some of your ideas?

I like your ideas Steve, reminds me of my aunt that does stain glass for fun so yeah.

Steve
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh! You should ask her if she has any ideas on how to get business. Maybe she would have ideas on who to market too.