PDA

View Full Version : No calls

MacTrina
10-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I have passed out 1000 fliers for leaf removal and gutter cleaning and not 1 call

justin_time
10-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I have passed out 1000 fliers for leaf removal and gutter cleaning and not 1 call

Your not alone, I sent that stump grinding flyer we had posted on this forum somewhere, let me see if i can find it, I sent 475 and I got 1 call.

What did your flyer look like, was it simple to read ?

Marketing rule

K.I.S.S. = Keep it simple stupid

Steve
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi MacTrina,

Well they could be holding onto them. Depending on your area. Have the leaves started to fall yet?

What did your flyer look like? Did you make any offers on it?

Did you hand them out door to door?

MacTrina
10-02-2008, 08:12 AM
I put them on the front door just like I did with my lawn care fliers.I did not put a price because that depends on size of lawn and trees.The leafs are just starting to fall but I put on the fliers slots are filling fast call by oct 1 st

Steve
10-02-2008, 02:43 PM
How long did it take to do it and what do you think the cost of the printing was?

Maybe could you change it a little and then put out more as the leaves are falling? Maybe a second distribution will help increase the response?

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Post the flyer so we can get and give a few ideas.

It's okay to not put a price on the flyer but you should always mention that you give free estimates and there is no obligation for you to come look at the job.

Have you read my lawn care business program? I am a believer in offering "leaf packages" where, for one price, you set a schedule to deal with leaves. Customers are leery of paying for leaf work because they know the leaves fall all during the season. I give you some ideas for offering packages and the types of fees you should charge.

Be weary of customers promising to give you work next season in return for a lower rate on their leaves.

I have posted a leaf raking article here.

Good luck:
Keith