PDA

View Full Version : Snow Removal? Do I need to?

ritchiem
09-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Hello all...is there anybody out there that only does 3 season maintenance (not snow) and has found success? I am battling the fact that I may have to add snow removal as a service to my clients (and potential). I have heard of all gardening companies but have not talked to them on how they run their business. If anyone can shed some light on this question that would be great.

NOTE: This question would only apply to businesses that receive snow during the winter months.

justin_time
09-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Hello all...is there anybody out there that only does 3 season maintenance (not snow) and has found success? I am battling the fact that I may have to add snow removal as a service to my clients (and potential). I have heard of all gardening companies but have not talked to them on how they run their business. If anyone can shed some light on this question that would be great.

NOTE: This question would only apply to businesses that receive snow during the winter months.

I'm currently in the same boat as you. First year full time but I don't think going without snow removal will survive for me

R&B Enterprise
09-25-2008, 08:29 PM
As the the weather is cooling in colorado noticed the grass is slowing, and my weekly coustomers are requesting bi-monthly cuts. so income in the winter will be low to non-exsistant, there is money to be made in snow removal, i would ont the oppertunity to make money

Current snow removal equipment:
01 chevy 3500 4x4 W/8.5 meyers express mount
John deer 1332 snow blower
Craftsman 28" snowblower
Plenty of snow Shovels
and soon to be converted Troy-built 50in RTZ with John Deer 44'" blade

platinum lawncare
10-05-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm currently in the same boat as you. First year full time but I don't think going without snow removal will survive for me

yes that would be a good idea. The first year i did it It worked out pretty well. There is a lot of money to be made, sometimes more than all summer work.