PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and need advice.

mccarthyjohn
09-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Hi, my name is John and I want to start a lawn care business. I am 55 and see this as an opportunity to continue a tradition of business ownership. My youngest son passed away in July. We owned a boat repair business. He was the technical end of the partnership, so I am moving on and hope to transfer what business knowledge I have into lawncare. I am looking for ideas for Fall services and the best way to market those services. Ideas on pricing would be helpful, as well. I live in Augusta Ga and pricing is moderate.

Thanks!

Steve
09-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi John,

Welcome to our forum! I am very sorry to hear what happened to your son.

Can you tell us a little what you thought of running your boat repair business? What you liked or disliked about it?

I am looking for ideas for Fall services and the best way to market those services. Ideas on pricing would be helpful, as well.

I would think you could do aerations, fall clean ups, Halloween decorations. Here is a section from my blog on fall service ideas and marketing ideas http://lawnchat.com/?cat=35

See if any of those ideas get you thinking.

mccarthyjohn
09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks Steve. What I like about owning a business is the opportunity to provide quality service to our clients. When people know you are the "real deal" the respect and referrral business you receive is unbelievable.

On the other hand, having to perform all the "non-money making" activities that go along with business ownership can be a little taxing. You need to be organized, focused and motivated.