PDA

View Full Version : A motorcycle lawn care franchise

Steve
09-18-2008, 08:36 PM
How about this. What if you were a motorcycle enthusiast and you wanted to mix your love of motorcycles with a lawn care business. You could create the first lawn care business that uses motorcycles! It is a unique idea and it would get you a lot of media attention.

I would think the trailer concept would have to be experimented with but wouldn't this be a blast if you could pull this off?

You could use a lot less gas cutting lawns. The lawn care franchise could be called Lawn Choppers. "We use less gas to cut your grass."

Maybe the bikes could be green or white with grass growing up on the sides.

Here is a rough design concept idea. Your motorcycle could then become a business expense. How about using a Harley or a Honda Goldwing? Oh that would be sweet!

SC93
09-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Although I do not like motorcycles...nowadays it's too dangerous just riding in a car with all the idiots on the road...this is one hell of an idea!! You have no clue how much I'm against motorcycles so me saying this is a hell of an idea is a lot coming from me.

musician/lawnman
09-18-2008, 10:37 PM
How about just making the motorcycle the lawn mower
Check this out. I want to build one of these so bad....

F3Nelson
05-29-2010, 05:58 PM
If I can use this bike, I LOVE the idea

mburse1977
05-30-2010, 01:07 PM
It Would turn some eyes thats for sure. I think you would get customers just cause they would want to see what you pull up with. Rotflmao

Thanks mike

F3Nelson
05-30-2010, 01:40 PM
It Would turn some eyes thats for sure. I think you would get customers just cause they would want to see what you pull up with. Rotflmao

Thanks mike

I just wish I could wheelie my bike as well as my Wright stander.......he hee :D

Steve
06-14-2010, 06:51 AM
I was looking at the towing capacity for a Goldwing and found they have a package that allows them to tow a car!

You won't believe it until you see it but it looks like it works! So I would figure, towing a lawn mower would be nothing compared to a car.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EjwrmDAj4Bs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EjwrmDAj4Bs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TheGoat
11-29-2010, 06:26 AM
I love motorcycles and I rode 15k miles last year, but would be extremely hesitant to do something like this.
stopping a trailer that is maybe 300 lbs would be ok, but I'd not tow anything heavier without 4 wheels. Fatigue effects you way differently on a bike than it does in a car. after a day of mowing, it's not worth thinking about.
plus, there's no A/C oasis between lawns.

Steve
12-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Those are some very good points.

CHEESE2009
01-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Safety First!

Think of weather conditions, you don't want to be caught in the rain stuck in traffic. You'd be stranded.

I don't need to mention that other vehicles provide better safety if an accident were to happen.

Towing a small trailer, sounds cool. Though here are some questions;
(I just wanna be the concerned mama right now, lmao)

When you un/load equipment, what if the bike tips over?

What about emergency stops, that trailer might not stop when your bike does?

A speed bump might just send you bouncing across the road???

//////////

Trucks allow you to somewhat relax.
Driving a bike all day out in the sun + work sounds exhausting.

As for storing equipment, I'm sure you can do that with a bike as they have some pretty neat compartments, though I'm sure most people assume breaking into / stealing a bike isn't as awful as doing so with a car/truck.

Think of the few teenagers out there who are looking for trouble, your bike may become a target. "It's not a car/truck, it's a toy" they will think -
and they will most likely not think twice about the consequences.

I don't necessarily take all my thoughts above to heart, I'm just using your scenario and trying to think of all the cons. I hope this helps lol.

I leave my keys in my truck a lot with the windows down all over the place lol.

kevjus07
02-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Good to see us lawn guys still have a sense of humor!

Only thing I want to pull with my Nightrain is hot chicks!

CHEESE2009
02-09-2011, 10:13 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTokTBIH2wkFaE6C_HwLxTAZk-kMTZLYB8l4XiaRVyn52uD9biY&t=1

what a fox!

Growing Green
02-09-2011, 10:16 AM
LOL Scott that is soooo wrong!!!!

You been staying warm up there????

Matt

kdvandco
02-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Maybe the bikes could be green or white with grass growing up on the sides

Ez now your messing with my future paint scheme:p ..

I want to two tone my pick up white on top green on bottom with grass growing wild on the front and a straight green line towards the back. with a stick figure pushing the mower into the tall grass. The clippings shooting out would form may name and number real big on the white contrast. My paint guy said when IM ready he's ready. only I need that back pack blower. and maybe a new stick edger before all that.

hopefully after this season. but as I get time to draw it up ill show it to you guys. if you remember my truck is primer-ed grey now. just one coat of white for now then the green graphics later. why not right.:D

cuneio's lawn mowing
02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
How about this. What if you were a motorcycle enthusiast and you wanted to mix your love of motorcycles with a lawn care business. You could create the first lawn care business that uses motorcycles! It is a unique idea and it would get you a lot of media attention.

I would think the trailer concept would have to be experimented with but wouldn't this be a blast if you could pull this off?

You could use a lot less gas cutting lawns. The lawn care franchise could be called Lawn Choppers. "We use less gas to cut your grass."

Maybe the bikes could be green or white with grass growing up on the sides.

Here is a rough design concept idea. Your motorcycle could then become a business expense. How about using a Harley or a Honda Goldwing? Oh that would be sweet!

that is thw neatest idea. if your buisness got bigger you could get a bigger trailer and haul a full size riding mower if you putt a spindle wheell on the trailer, since a honda goldwing can haul a car.

calebmoss
02-12-2011, 07:02 PM
This to me has redneck written all over it.

mschlotter
10-10-2011, 06:18 PM
A friend of mine used to do that! He had a little motor scooter and he pulled a little trailer that could just hold his push mower...

Ducke
10-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I already have a couple of logo for the back of your Leather safety vest.

Ducke
10-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Good day mam were here to mow your lawn. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nOqiUok1Mak/TQt8u6rVP-I/AAAAAAAAC9I/Jt2WqOppYBw/s1600/hells-angels.jpg

SNethercutt
03-16-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm just curious what 2 guys your gonna have riding around on a motorcycle together all hot and sweaty? It is a neat idea but just seems like too many downsides.

ratchetmaster2
03-16-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm just curious what 2 guys your gonna have riding around on a motorcycle together all hot and sweaty? It is a neat idea but just seems like too many downsides.

It's just a funny silly idea.
My friend teased me with this for a while when I was trying to buy a truck for landscaping.

"You know, Matt, you could just get a Honda Goldwing and pull a little trailer. You know they make those, right? *chuckle chuckle*"

Not to mention Honda Goldwings only get like 25mpg in the city.