PDA

View Full Version : Newbie! need advice

freddyboy
09-18-2008, 02:45 AM
Hey,

Ive been cutting lawns since i was a kid, but now I'm trying to make a business out of it. I though it would be good idea to join this forum to get help with bidding on jobs and on the best equipment. Is there i special place or website that i can go to and find out who is looking for lawn maintenance? or should i send it off it the mail to them??

one more question... how do ya'll find is the easy way to price jobs?? by square footage?? or by the hour?

Thanks,
Fred

Steve
09-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi Fred,

Welcome to our forum!

Is there i special place or website that i can go to and find out who is looking for lawn maintenance? or should i send it off it the mail to them??

I didn't get this part, send it off to who? And send what?

one more question... how do ya'll find is the easy way to price jobs?? by square footage?? or by the hour?

I think most new lawn care business owners tend to start by shooting for some kind of per hour rate.

What types of marketing concepts have you been experimenting with?

freddyboy
09-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Oh sorry i didn't specify. I was trying to find out on how to bid on commercial jobs. how do i find out when companies are having bids taken.Where do i look.

Steve
09-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Well ideally you should call them and ask but a good way to start is to check out our free customer letter section (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7209) and download the letter that asks for you to be put on their bid list.

Let me know how this works out.

jackmcmanus21
09-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Welcome and good luck with the bids Freddy