PDA

View Full Version : What makes you different?

Steve
09-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I had this talk before with a friend who is a musician and he went to this musician seminar and got a chance to listen to others musicians who found some level of fame and the thing he wondered about each was what made them different.

Do you ever wonder what makes your company different? If so what have you come up with thus far?

Does this at all matter to you?

Should it?

jackmcmanus21
09-22-2008, 10:07 AM
You don't necessarily need to be different to be successful, but it could definitely help. The only thing I try to do is be as honest and up front to people.

Steve
09-22-2008, 10:39 AM
The only thing I try to do is be as honest and up front to people.

Maybe that alone is enough to stand out and be different?

musician/lawnman
09-22-2008, 06:24 PM
1) We actually answer our phones & return phone calls within minutes, not days. That's one thing that customers tell me all the time. No one else around here answers the damn phone! Why pay for advertising thennever check your phone? Seems flat out stupid to me.

2) Quality, I won't pull away til it looks good.

3) Reliable.... set days & I'm there on time... week after week.

I could go on & on.... Most of my competition around this area are morons, It's not hard to run circles around em'. THANKS MORONS! MY LIFE IS EASIER DUE TO YOUR SHOTTY WORK & LOUSY WORK ETHIC! KEEP UP THE CRAPPY JOB.

SC93
09-22-2008, 07:09 PM
So what you're saying is....my life will be on easy street!!!! We have the same problem in the cleaning business. Not so much the answering of the phone but all the other stuff. When my phone rings I like to have it answered...except when I'm already on the phone...thats usually when others call is when I'm talking to someone else. I have 1 phone for clients and 1 phone for employees that way if I'm talking to an employee I will always tell them to hold while I take a client call.

landonkade
09-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Maybe that alone is enough to stand out and be different?

For this Holloween, i had thought about wearing a pink(pink stands out) rabbit mask with big ears or custome, havent made my mind up yet on which one. I will go back to the store and put it on and take a pic of it sometime and put on here, so you can get a idea what i am talking about.

Wear it while i am serving lawns(riding mower, weedeating, etc. and maybe driving to, if i dont get pulled over. That will get some people talking about my business and get attention, and probaly the media to.

I dont think any other lawn care company will be doing it in my town,lol

What you think.........

justin_time
09-22-2008, 09:09 PM
For this Holloween, i had thought about wearing a pink(pink stands out) rabbit mask with big ears or custome, havent made my mind up yet on which one. I will go back to the store and put it on and take a pic of it sometime and put on here, so you can get a idea what i am talking about.

Wear it while i am serving lawns(riding mower, weedeating, etc. and maybe driving to, if i dont get pulled over. That will get some people talking about my business and get attention, and probaly the media to.

I dont think any other lawn care company will be doing it in my town,lol

What you think.........

I like the idea but Hallowen is usually my day off since it's MY BIRTHDAY :D

landonkade
09-22-2008, 09:16 PM
I like the idea but Hallowen is usually my day off since it's MY BIRTHDAY :D

i meant couple days before holloween

justin_time
09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
i meant couple days before holloween

Maybe if you do that during the week since Halloween is a friday (i should know, it's my b-day) and whoever has kid, maybe you should bring candies for them and advertise at the same time.. insert card in your bag or something.. I don't know.. a marketing idea

SC93
09-23-2008, 12:25 AM
My mom always told me I was different...so I just went with it :D

Steve
09-23-2008, 01:17 AM
That is great. You should send the photo in to your local paper too. I can't wait to see this.

landonkade
09-23-2008, 12:24 PM
That is great. You should send the photo in to your local paper too. I can't wait to see this.

If i wanted to send the photo to my local newpaper, i could get them to write a artical and all right, publicity, get noticed something interesting the town would want to read,lol.