PDA

View Full Version : Going to an auction what not to buy

sts2660
09-17-2008, 06:34 PM
I am going to a nursery auction this weekend,they are auctioning off the entire contents.
I plan on bidding on the stone and trees and maybe the pallet or two of miracle grow soils(if its dirt cheap).
They also have thousands of plants and trees. I know its a good time for planting trees but what about ornamental grasses and other plants.

Here is a link to the pics of everything they are selling and I see they just added a tractor
http://www.zebsauctions.com/Sept_20_2008_photos.htm

Steve
09-17-2008, 07:10 PM
WOW I wonder what happened and why they are going out of business?

What kinds of things are you in need of before you go there?

sts2660
09-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Actually its time to take care of my own house for a change.I have 350 ft of road frontage I want to block off.I plan on putting in at least 2 beds around the front walk and patio.And wanted to put groupings of the ornamental grasses on the front corners of my property.
They are the second or third nursery to go out down here.There are tons of wholesale nursery's around here.Then there are all the local growers that sell out of there farms.

Steve
09-17-2008, 07:44 PM
I would think if you had a shopping list of things you could use on your own property, that would be fantastic. I'd hate to see you buy a bunch of stuff you were planning on using in the future on some landscapes that might never happen.

You should take some before and after pics! I'd love to see what you come up with.

cklandscapingorlando
09-18-2008, 06:59 PM
If you have the cash and do alot of installs you'd be a fool not to jump on every thing you can get thats worth getting.If you get a pallet of stone 1/2 off think of the mark up you have.If you have the cash...

sts2660
10-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Well I went to the auction and got a few good deals.I got a pallet of stone for $120 ,2- 3 foot concrete planters for $70, 15 Blue prince hollies for $12 each
So now I bought another 15 Blue princess hollies and have a question on planting them,
I have a buried verizon line along the front of my property and it is marked.My property line goes out 5 feet past this line.What side of the buried line do I plant?they must have been drunk when they got to the other side of my driveway The damn line curves up into the yard and then back down to the corner of my lot.

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-02-2008, 10:25 PM
I kinda think 5' is not enough to allow for a spruce's root system.

Is there an easement for Verizon's line? What does it say about plants and digging? Check with them just to be sure. Better to check now than to regret your tree positioning later and have to take them down.

When you find out, will you please post the answer. I am interested in what you learn.

Keith