PDA

View Full Version : The Volt: Let's get a move on.

Steve
09-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Are you sick and tired of sending your money to Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq etc etc every time you fill up the tank? I know I am. I am also really angry with our domestic auto manufacturers for not getting on the band wagon sooner and giving us all an option to stop having to buy gas. I want full electric.

The best it seems any of us can do now is buy a Toyota Prius. Why hasn't GM, FORD or CHRYSLER been able to get their act together and give us some options too? It's no wonder all the domestic auto manufacturers are in the red. It seems they forgot how to innovate. How long have they been using the same engine for their trucks? 30 years + ?

Anyway, here it seems GM is going to deliver the Volt to us in 2010??

What's your take on this?

GM debuts the Chevy Volt (http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/11/autos/volt_official_reveal/index.htm?cnn=yes) - General Motors unveiled the Chevrolet Volt electric vehicle on Tuesday, allowing outsiders their first full look at the car GM says will go on sale in 2010.

"The Volt symbolizes GM's commitment to the future," said Rick Wagoner, the company's chairman and CEO.

The Volt will be driven by electricity stored in a large T-shaped lithium-ion battery pack running the length of the car. After charging for several hours, the Volt will be able to run for up to about 40 miles without using gasoline.

SC93
09-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Well, on the birght side, although ya never when..., you don't always send your money over the water. We have oil that is pumped from the US and yes, they do know where each and every barrel came from. There was a gas station started in Omaha, Nebraska that was named...Terror Free Oil. But the reason they didn't make a big impact is because their marketing team FAILED! They didn't just fail a little...that marketer should never be allowed to market again....ever!! They did not explain to the general public that we DO have US oil and each and every barrel is tracked no matter where it comes from. This can be a lesson learned for everyone...you MUST educate the customer. If they had educated people in Omaha, it would have probably taken off and they were going to open more stations...but so far, it's not a big hit.