PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin painting day.

Steve
09-14-2008, 09:36 AM
This October, why not have a pumpkin painting day in your neighborhood. You could either charge a couple of bucks to the parents per pumpkin, or even better would be to just do it for free as a way to build up good public relations in your area.

Create yard signs to promote this. Maybe ask the parents to r.s.v.p. to make sure you have enough pumpkins for everyone. Or you could say it will be free while supplies last. Offer everyone some soft drinks and halloween candies too while they are there. You could also create some flyers to promote this as well. This could really make you look like a local community hero for very little money on your part.

If you have kids that are around the age where they would find this to be fun, make flyers for them to hand out at school.

Take pictures of the event for your business website and send to the local paper. In fact you could probably put an ad in the local community events section. Say something like free neighborhood pumpkin painting day. Please rsvp, space is limited. Call Bob at 555-2432 to RSVP. The number of course would be your business number.

Set up a table and get some paints ready. Also have some sort of paper or shirts the kids could wear as so as not to get paint all over themselves.

You could do this in your driveway of your front yard and this would give you a great chance to get to know the parents in your area which are your potential customers.

Get this going your first year and build it every year until you have to close the street down and it becomes an outdoor community fall festival.

Does anyone have more ideas about this?

http://gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/pumpkin-painting-1.jpg

Steve
09-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Then you could take it to the next level. Take a picture of each kid there and print out the image. Then insert it into a Halloween themed picture frame you probably could get a bunch of these cheap at a local crafts store and give this to the parent. On the back of the frame put a sticker that promotes your business.

The parents would just love this. Being over the top will get people talking. Even if they don't use your service, they will tell all their family members and neighbors about this and you will build up a lot of goodwill within your community.

JamesOkla
09-14-2008, 06:47 PM
That's an excellent idea. Maybe hold a contest for the kids to win toys or something like that. Make it competitive and watch them flock in. I thought about during the summer offering a summer barbecue, which would also attract quite a bit of people if it is marketed effectively. The more attention you can draw to your company, the better.

Steve
09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Oh absolutely.

When I was a kid, I went to fairs and the best thing I could ever win was a gold fish! You can buy 100 goldfish for a dollar as feeder fish. That could be a great gift.

What other prizes can you think of?

JamesOkla
09-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Oh absolutely.

When I was a kid, I went to fairs and the best thing I could ever win was a gold fish! You can buy 100 goldfish for a dollar as feeder fish. That could be a great gift.

What other prizes can you think of?

Stuffed animals, I'm sure you can find some really affordable ones online. Balloons are great for kids, I know a lot of kids that can't get enough balloons.

Maybe even get a clown to do face-paint. I'm off the prize topic on this one but what kid doesn't like to get their face painted, unless they watch killer clowns before they go. That could turn into a nightmare. lol

Steve
09-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Very good ideas!

Steve
09-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Get some yard signs made and have some balloons flying from them to get attention on this. Put them at street corners in your area.

quickcleanlawn
09-17-2008, 09:32 AM
thats a great idea.
So we would suply the pumkins or would it be a bring your own pumkin?

Steve
09-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Well you could try a bunch of things. You could supply them, maybe charge a nominal fee for them or just do it for free as a way to build up good will within your community.

Which do you feel would work best?

Which would you be more inclined to visit as a parent in the area?

I don't know what the costs would be for a few dozen small pumpkins but I can't imagine it would be much.

quickcleanlawn
09-17-2008, 03:30 PM
yeah,I think supplying the pumkins would definetly be better, to give them away oposed to selling them. I am trying to find a pumkin patch to sell me some small pumkins .

Steve
09-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Keep me posted on how that works out. I am sure others would be interested in hearing about this as well.