PDA

View Full Version : Run for president marketing

Steve
09-12-2008, 07:42 PM
In the past we talked a little about this idea.

If you put up lawn signs along the road and they are for your lawn care business, they will get pulled. But what if you were running for president?

Wouldn't this be a great way to get noticed in your area?

Is it crazy? Yes it is. Crazy enough to get you attention.

Why not do this.

Register a domain bobforpresident.com
Have that domain forwarded to a subfolder of your lawn care business
This will then allow you to get the people visiting your political website to then be forwarded to your business website where you would have a separate page for your political campaign.
Create political signs with your picture on it.
Create some kind of platform you are running for.
The more quasi-serious you keep it, the better the chance it will get picked up by your local media.
Ask people to write you in on the ballot.
Create door hangers and flyers for this. Hand them out.
Meet people in your area.
When the election is over, everyone will still be talking about you.
Create a video of you talking about your platform and upload it to youtube.
Get all your friends involved.
Have them put signs on their car doors and trunks.
Your political party could be the grass roots party.

If anyone is feeling wild and wants to do this, let me know and I will help you with ideas.

Does anyone else have some ideas they want to throw in here? Cmon and be creative.

justin_time
09-12-2008, 09:01 PM
In the past we talked a little about this idea.

If you put up lawn signs along the road and they are for your lawn care business, they will get pulled. But what if you were running for president?

Wouldn't this be a great way to get noticed in your area?

Is it crazy? Yes it is. Crazy enough to get you attention.

Why not do this.

Register a domain bobforpresident.com
Have that domain forwarded to a subfolder of your lawn care business
This will then allow you to get the people visiting your political website to then be forwarded to your business website where you would have a separate page for your political campaign.
Create political signs with your picture on it.
Create some kind of platform you are running for.
The more quasi-serious you keep it, the better the chance it will get picked up by your local media.
Ask people to write you in on the ballot.
Create door hangers and flyers for this. Hand them out.
Meet people in your area.
When the election is over, everyone will still be talking about you.
Create a video of you talking about your platform and upload it to youtube.
Get all your friends involved.
Have them put signs on their car doors and trunks.
Your political party could be the grass roots party.

If anyone is feeling wild and wants to do this, let me know and I will help you with ideas.

Does anyone else have some ideas they want to throw in here? Cmon and be creative.

Anybody know if Fernando was able to do this ? Do we know how good it worked ?

Big Lebowski
09-12-2008, 09:47 PM
For anyone that does this, contact me for a special deal on your candidacy shirts.

Little's
09-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Error on the post. Sorry

Plan-It Graphics
09-13-2008, 07:17 PM
If someone out there would like to try this idea. I would be willing to design the cards for FREE and give you 15% OFF the printing.

I did a sample card below, with the "Green" theme that a lot of companies are using these days. Personally I think most of these companies are using the term only to capitalize from it and mostly it's somewhat of a scam (for example, a bank in my area now offers "Green Checking" there is nothing environmental about it, its just called "Green." I called the bank and actually asked... but I digress). We in the lawn care industry can use this "go green" movement to our advantage... We "Go Green" everyday!!

Anyway, if you are interested, the first person who actually tries this, and want postcards let me know, I'll give you a price break.

Or door hangers if you prefer.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/jetskibob1/green_president.gif

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/jetskibob1/footer.gif

Steve
09-13-2008, 07:23 PM
WOW BOB! That is a fantastic offer! I really hope someone decides to jump on this and do something to really stand out and get some media attention in their area.

If you want to stand out, you gotta do something different. Just think of how Lee had gotten international press coverage last year when he ran with the bikini lawn care business concept.

Think big!

AMW Graphics
09-16-2008, 10:58 AM
anyone that wants to do this and would like yard signs...

first 3 people to order will get 20% off your order (after that everyone will get 10% off).

These are 18x24 inch coroplast yard signs, full color.
Must be ordered in 10's (ie: 10 20 30) due to how we make them.
They can be one side or two.

Avrg. turn around time is 48-72 hours (orders over 500 yard signs may take longer).

Please email me for more information tony @ 696signs .com

Steve
09-16-2008, 11:38 AM
LOOK AT THESE GREAT OFFERS!

Who is going to jump on this and take them up on this? I surely hope someone does.

Let me know if you are doing this.