PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper bag advertising

Steve
09-11-2008, 07:00 AM
These are some great ideas for getting the word out about your business. If the politicians are doing it, why can't you?

Can you imagine a bag in the fall that simply said

LEAF CLEAN UP
CALL 555-2320

I bet you would get an amazing response.

Check these pictures out, maybe they will inspire you.

Then get the local newspaper delivery person to use your bags in the delivery. Maybe you could do some kind of barter. Free leaf clean up for the newspaper delivery person? Then in the winter you could do it again for free snow plowing? If you don’t like that, then maybe you could simply pay them.

quickcleanlawn
09-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Now thats a good idea. I wonder how much the bags would cost? I guess anyone that does printing could make them?

Steve
09-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I did a search and found this

Price Per Bag
5,000 10,000 25,000 50,000
15 10 8 7

From here http://www.aplasticbag.com/NewspaperBags.asp

But I am sure there are many more places that do this.

Steve
09-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Another thought you can do is contact the paper and see what it would cost to buy a bulk amount of papers from them and have them delivered to local homes who don't get the paper.

Then you could get a bag that says free paper, compliments of ABC Lawn Care.
On the back you could have another message about a seasonal lawn care service.

Big Lebowski
09-12-2008, 10:43 PM
It would seem to me that the paper people would sell you this service just like they sell ads.

Around here they have started this little sticker ad at the top of the front page. It's usually yellow & something around 2"x2" with the ad info.

They were quite eye catching at first. Now I'm not so sure they are as effective because they have become quite "normal".