PDA

View Full Version : Hello....

SC93
09-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I was reading alot the other day and read something about a service to answer the phone for LCO's. It wasn't really discussed much but I was wondering what everyone thought about it? Good idea...bad idea...why?

Just so ya know what I'm talking about...the conversation was about LCO's not able to answer the phone while they're working and losing potential clients so someone said it would be a good idea to make a service that answered phones for LCO's.

Steve
09-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh yes I remember that discussion.

I think somewhere on here I was saying if someone from the forum started such a business, they could promote it on here and probably do well with it.

I think if you can get anyone to answer the phone while you are out working, you are ahead of the game. The phone operator doesn't need to know anything but say hello, get the customer information, what services they are interested in and then have the lawn care business owner call them right back.

Potential customers will go right down a list of lawn care businesses to call and who ever answers first will get first crack at the job. If you miss a phone call, you lost the job.

That's my view at least.

What's yours?

SC93
09-10-2008, 10:07 PM
With that being said...the first thing I thought when I was reading your reply was:

What list? Phone book...written list from various sources...??

Steve
09-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Well yes, a customer will go down a list of lawn care businesses from a phone book, or news paper listing or even from search engine results.

SC93
09-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Just wondering if you had a particular list in mind. :)

Steve
09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
You could do an experiment. Ask a few people you know, if they needed a lawn care business to service their lawn, how would they find one?

Then it could give you an idea of what are the top ways people in your area do an initial search for such businesses.

It would be interesting to find out.