PDA

View Full Version : How does your town do it?

Steve
09-10-2008, 06:33 AM
How does your town handle leaf pickup? Do you need to bag leaves or can you blow them to the curb and the town sucks them up?

I was thinking about this because if the town wants you to bag it, that is a pain in the butt. What if you offered a service where you would suck leaves up from the curb for a certain fee. Do you think that would get a bunch of people interested in paying you for that?

JamesOkla
09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
I have seen lawn care companies just blow the leaves and grass in the street. From there, they let mother nature do the work. Honestly, this is where I draw the line, I can understand blowing it to the street and going to suck it up before you leave, but to leave it there isn't right. I know that this town doesn't go around and suck up the leaves.

Little's
09-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Our town about, 100,000 people, have green waste cans. They are as large as the large garbage cans supplied by the city. They are free to have picked up every week with as much green waste as you can fit in them. So it is your responsibility to pick the leaves up and get them in the can and get the can out to the street.

Steve
09-15-2008, 07:18 AM
I guess every town does it differently. But some will suck up leaves that are at the curbside. So if you lived in a town like that, you could blow them to the curbside and not have to dispose of them yourself.

skeltor
04-23-2009, 08:44 PM
My town offers nothing. So when fall comes around. I in the past sub-contracted leave removal out to some one with a leaf loader. They charged $75.00 an hour or more. The last guy has a converted dump truck and 6 or more guys with leaf blowers that was ahead of him. Very efficient crew.

justin_time
04-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Leaf cleanup in my town ? haha.. it's too small for that

CHEESE2009
04-24-2009, 07:31 PM
They just past a notice saying we are to have 1 garbage can a week or some crap... I'm used to having like 3 or 4 every time the garbage man comes...

Anyway, they usually take the debris of grass and trees etc...

As for leaves... Well... After I blow them onto a tarp and put them in the truck I just drive them to the compost dump.

The city does come buy to remove cut down branches left on your lawn, but I think you pay a fee to have them come... I've never asked or needed them.

I'm thinking about finding out, maybe it will save me time/money if they come and pick up my junk for free or a few bucks.