PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

platinum lawncare
09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi, my name is Jesse, I've been in business for almost 4 years now. My wife, Nichole and I are owner operators. We do everything ourselves for the most part. We do hire help for bigger jobs, and also snow removal, but we usually take care of everything. We do mostly mowing in the summer. Have had about 70 accounts for the last two years. Getting into commercial accounts now.
We have a few large commercial snow removal accounts, one of which we had last season. But these two others will make the winter money flow. And actually, two of them I obtained through craigslist. A guy who found my ad, wanted me to do his residence, and he worked for this big company as the coordinator for snow removal, so he refered me to them and I ended up signing a three year contract. And he also refered me to another company which we will be starting this season on a three year contract. Then a lady from that company refered me to another company, and we are currently working on obtaining that one. So the word of mouth seems to be my good friend right now.

Steve
09-03-2008, 06:09 AM
Hi Jesse,

Welcome to our forum!

Could you offer any advice to newer lawn care business owners on how they should create a bid for snow plowing? How should such jobs be estimated?

Also do you have any advice on how to make the transition from residential to commercial clients?