PDA

View Full Version : Football season flier

Tucker
08-30-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm currently really close to starting up a single man op residential lawn care company and have been looking at the flier templates available here on the site. Considering the time of year (FOOTBALL!) and where I live (Sunny SoCal), I was wondering if you had anything in your vault that would apply to me. Something along the lines of "Football season is finally here! Dont miss any of the action by having to mow your lawn..."

Do these kind of hooks work in residential areas, if at all? I plan on dropping them door to door and also considering blanketing a couple parking lots, depending on the response I get from dropping them in the neighborhood

Steve
08-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Yea that is very interesting. I think an attention grabbing headline is really important for a flyer.

Would you be printing it out in color or black and white?

What kinds of services would you list on it?

Would you offer any discounts to get them to jump on the offer?

If anyone else has thoughts on this, let me know.

Tucker
09-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Yea that is very interesting. I think an attention grabbing headline is really important for a flyer.

Would you be printing it out in color or black and white?

What kinds of services would you list on it?

Would you offer any discounts to get them to jump on the offer?

If anyone else has thoughts on this, let me know.

More than likely, it'll be in black and white. As far as services go, just general lawn service. Mow, Edge, Clean up and Haul away. Also thinking about adding landscape installs and patio covers. Discounts available to get people on board I'm thinking 25% off of first month's service with rates starting at $25/week

Steve
09-02-2008, 06:15 AM
What about something even simple like this?

If you have Miccrosoft Word, you should be able to edit it.

Let me know what you think.

Tucker
09-02-2008, 07:53 PM
What about something even simple like this?

If you have Miccrosoft Word, you should be able to edit it.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Steve. I'll make a few changes here and there and see how it goes. I'm hoping to get a 3% return on 1000 fliers (30 accts). Is this a realistic goal for handing them out door to door, also leaving them on doors. And also blanketing parking lots?

Steve
09-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Well, from what we have seen flyers work best when you hand them to someone. The important part is meeting people and talking to them. The more you meet, the better your chances are of landing jobs.

Do some people canvas parking lots with flyers? Sure they do but you can run into some trouble doing that.

If you get a 1 to 2 % response just sticking them in doors, that would be awesome.

Let us know how this works out.

Also if you make changes to the flyer, could you show us what you did to make them better?

Thanks!

XtreemGreen
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Ive been here for a few years (cant seem to remember my other password to Chadslawn)
But anyways, wouldnt this tell the people that you mow on Saturdays or Sundays?

Id also leave off the starting rates. $25 a week would be alittle gigh in my area.
Also add your business name, website, email along with your phone number at the bottom.
Also change the size of the 2nd and 3rd lines, maybe make the football smaller. In word it shows as 2 pages. It need to fit all on 1 page. Always use the "KISS" method. Simple is better.