PDA

View Full Version : hello all

tedfrk
08-30-2008, 10:40 AM
just wanted to stop by and introduce myself,im Ted and my dad and i are starting a landscaping /lawncare business.hes been doing it on and off for 30 plus years.he had lymes disease real bad for at least 10 years so it affected his memory,i wish i new what he forgot!so i am here for some guidance and maybe make a few friends while im at it. Ted

Steve
08-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi Ted,

Welcome to our forum! Have you found it to be easier to start your business by being around such a business for such a long time?

Have any of the things you had heard from your dad in the past about business stuck in your mind?

Did you have a lot of the needed equipment to get started?

Have you found any points you are stuck on so far?

tedfrk
09-01-2008, 07:39 PM
i've been around my dad's business my whole life so i have learned some tricks.i just want to add my own input into the business so i am setting up an office in my house,with the company phone line there,he used to use his house phone.he has a bad habbit of not responding on time to calls and estimates,so i am going to take that over.he tells all his customers i am putting him out to pasture,but i dont want to do that yet lol,i use to do hvac before i got laid off and started helping my dad and it just took off from there the customers like that we are honest,reliable,and always go the extra mile i want this to be a great business for us so he can just do estimates,when we get some help in the spring time.if i think of something i am stuck on i will let you know.i have 1 question is a tax id # the same as emloyer identification #,thanks for a great site,Ted

Steve
09-02-2008, 12:03 AM
i have 1 question is a tax id # the same as emloyer identification #,thanks for a great site,Ted

If you are a sole proprietor it can be your social security # but I think you can file a form to get a tax id # that is different from your ss#.

he has a bad habbit of not responding on time to calls and estimates,so i am going to take that over.

Good for you! This is a huge complaint by customers. If you don't get back to people immediately or answer your phone when it rings, you risk the chance of that customer going to someone else.