PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone new to the group

born2serve
08-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi everyone My wife and I Have a lawn care and property maintenance company in North Idaho. We have ben in the business about 7 years I guess, It all started out when I was unable to work in my career field any longer. After having a double hip replacement and out of work off and on for two years I was unable to pay my finncial obligations and needed some excercise to get my self back in shape so I started mowing acouple of lawns a week. We always trid to deliver more than promised and at first was afraid to charge to much (never make that mistake again you said it never LOWBALL ) Do the best job we can and charge reasonable rates for it.

It was difficult to get it all figured out but we struggled through it I tried to get some advice from another forum in the early years but the LC's were down on someone who didnt have the bucks for great equiptment thay all had (never forget wher you come from )I dont see that here Kudos for that!!

I think the term scrubs was used for the old boy with the old truck and trailer and we were doing out best with what we had at the time. we still would like to have the expensive equipment but only buy what we can pay for That works for us ( no debt and 1 new piece at a time)
I find that we might have to work a little harder but we have gone from 2 customers to over 25 plus a large contract for about 30 weekly mows besides. for the past two years and growing each year.

I want to comend you for the way I have seen you treat newcomers so far as I have read in the forum. May God bless you in all you do

Larry

Steve
08-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Hi Larry,

Welcome to our forum. What kinds of things have you been doing to market your business?

How big are you looking to grow it?