PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out, need web hosting please

staylor70
08-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Hello, my name is Shawna. I just started a lawn care and fencing business a few weeks ago and I have already had 4 clients. I am wanting to put my business on the internet and I downloaded one of the web templates, but now I need a web host. Does anyone know of any free web hosts? Right now my budgets are in the negatives due to having to purchase new equipment, but I am expecting that to change soon. I have passed out flyers and advertised my business in the local newspaper. I am not that familiar with HTML, so if anyone could help me with that it would be greatly appreciated.

In my business (A-1 Economical Lawn Care and Fencing) we currently do the typical lawn care, flower beds, and picket and privacy fencing. I am licensed and insured, so I do have that field covered and I handle to books myself. ;) so I don't have to pay an accountant. I don't have any employees as this is a family business right now unless we get larger and more clients.

Any help and advice would be great.

justin_time
08-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Hello, my name is Shawna. I just started a lawn care and fencing business a few weeks ago and I have already had 4 clients. I am wanting to put my business on the internet and I downloaded one of the web templates, but now I need a web host. Does anyone know of any free web hosts? Right now my budgets are in the negatives due to having to purchase new equipment, but I am expecting that to change soon. I have passed out flyers and advertised my business in the local newspaper. I am not that familiar with HTML, so if anyone could help me with that it would be greatly appreciated.

In my business (A-1 Economical Lawn Care and Fencing) we currently do the typical lawn care, flower beds, and picket and privacy fencing. I am licensed and insured, so I do have that field covered and I handle to books myself. ;) so I don't have to pay an accountant. I don't have any employees as this is a family business right now unless we get larger and more clients.

Any help and advice would be great.

Hi Shawna,

If your looking for a free website, you can use this one

http://www.freewebs.com

When you can get enough money to afford one, i suggest you get yourself a domain name and some hosting then you'll be all set and you will look professional

staylor70
08-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks Justin, I will try them, as soon as I get a site up I will link the address so you all can give me your opinion on it. ;)

Steve
08-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Shawna,

Welcome to the forum.

I look forwards to seeing your website.

staylor70
08-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi Shawna,

Welcome to the forum.

I look forwards to seeing your website.

Hi, well here is the site, I don't know how to use the html thingie (plus not sure if freewebs will let me change to it or not), so I had to use one of their backgrounds :mad: http://www.freewebs.com/a1econolawncare/ Let me know what you think ;)

If anyone can give me some help or advice on how to use html and on any free ftp uploaders so I can use the web template I downloaded from here I would greatly appreciate it.

staylor70
08-26-2008, 11:47 AM
I just found out that with me starting the web site using a template I can't change it to html on freewebs, so I am going to change the site to a html so I can use the FTP I downloaded as well as html. Wish me luck and any advice on how to make the site look better and stand out will be appreciated.
Hope to see a response soon. ;)

Steve
08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
I just checked out your site and it looks great! Very nice work! What template was that?

staylor70
08-27-2008, 11:44 AM
I just checked out your site and it looks great! Very nice work! What template was that?

Unfortunately it was one they had (Yuck), I like the 1 on gopher, but I can't upload it onto freewebs unless I buy a membership. Do you know of any other web hosting site that I can use, and even a ftp program. I tried to download that filezilla and it only gave me the filezilla server and I could upload anything to it, so I removed it. It would be a lot easier if I could make the site offline, then upload everything after the page was done.
Any and all help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Shawna

Steve
08-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Shawna,

I gotta tell you I think your current site is a keeper for now. It looks fine. When you save up a little and get your domain registered, you can always get hosting space and use the templates. But that is just my thought on it.