PDA

View Full Version : Many Props to Steve

All Aspects Landscaping
08-22-2008, 10:42 AM
So many of you know, Ive been involved in the gopher forum for about a year and a half. About a year ago, I created Friction clothing. Been an awesome journey so far, but hectic.. (thus the reason why some of you new guys dont know me) Anyhow, in additon to the clothing line, we also created a forum for our company... and man o man... never thought twice about what it takes to keep a forum going. Its absolute chaos!!! So yes, i have to plug the site... www.thefriction.com but mainly wanted to give my props to steve.

Winters coming soon buddy... Ill be back!!!

All Aspects Landscaping
08-22-2008, 10:43 AM
also wanna send a shout out to all the guys from gopher forum who are active on mine!!! Thanks a million for the help!!

quickcleanlawn
08-22-2008, 12:33 PM
whats up Jamie! I check in from time to time,your doing a great job over at the friction forum. I would recomend it to anyone that has that alter ego they need to let loose after a hard day of business and work. everybody needs a little friction.

All Aspects Landscaping
08-22-2008, 04:30 PM
thanks a ton Blaine... im glad to have you there!!! Thanks for sending some props out

Steve
08-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Any new upcoming projects? Any fight promotions going on? Any new clothing added to your line?

Keep us posted.

All Aspects Landscaping
08-22-2008, 11:47 PM
yeah man... site is up and running... all products are ready to ship (free shipping)... got the Riddles fight coming September 12th, got hooked up with a stunt motorcycle team... they are all wearing friction in all their events, we are in the process of talking with an "adult movie" star to promote, and we've started team friction. Team friction is made up of various clubs in it. Car club, motorcycle club, bikini team, paintball team, competitive eating team, intermural clubs, football, basketball, etc. and many more... We also have a connection to Bam Margera and theres a slim chance that he may come out to a few events (not holding my breath)... so yes, things are crazy. But awesome... This was the missing ingredient in my life. For the past few years, i knew what i had; a successful landscape company, a wonderful marriage to a hot hot awesome woman who loves me unbelievable, two beautiful little girls that are just incredible to be around (they totally make me remember what it is to be free of stress and craziness) Life was great. Just always felt like "Is this it?" But now, I am living. Everyday, I get to put myself out there and share my ideas with people. I get to inspire others to follow their dreams. I've become intoxicating with my words. It feels great to be able to make a difference in other peoples lives by sharing what I am doing and having people see what I am trying to do. Its an awesome feeling... Now my already awesome relationship with my wife has reached another level. Our life is full of fun stuff all the time. Landscaping is not work anymore. Its all become like a game to me. Im just loving life. Cant wait to see what tomorrow brings!!

Sorry to go off on such a tangent by your simple question, but I feel the need to share with everyone I can!

quickcleanlawn
08-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Jamie,all I can say is thats awsome, thats just awsome.

All Aspects Landscaping
08-23-2008, 12:26 AM
thank you...

Steve
08-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Where do you get most of your ideas for the clothing line promotions? It seems from your site that you are doing a lot of things.

Have you found you are learning more about promotions from this and have you been able to apply it to your lawn care business?

All Aspects Landscaping
08-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Honestly steve... im flying by the seat of my pants... and I love it... Im going to take the landscape company to the next level this spring... had alot of opportunities that I kinda put on the back burner, but now, I am fully motivated and ready to roll... Im putting a little more time right now into the clothing company cause the winter will be here before we know it and Ill be able to sell sell sell with that... In addition, I am looking into two more business opportunities... should be fun!!! Great book for everyone to read... Screw it, lets do it by charle branson...quick read... 100 some pages... very good book... but life is great steve

Steve
08-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Have you found yourself designing more clothing in your spare time?

Do you ever watch the Tap Out show? I like it and I think it's been a great promotional tool for them.

Have you been experimenting with any video to promote your products further?

All Aspects Landscaping
08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Spare time?!? LOL... dont get much of that these days... but yes, I did check out the tapout show... its awesome. Not ready for anything like that yet. trying to line up a bikini contest at a local bar/club in the area.. gonna be great..and yes, Ill post pics if and when this happens!!!

Got a friend of mine (shortbusfilmz.com their myspace is up but not the site yet) does video of stunt motorcycles and such and were gonna get together to do a promo vid with them and some of the other stuff we are into... Ill send you the youtube vid when its ready.

Thing are looking good... gonna have a friction party in Key West next November (2009) so Ill post all the details up so maybe your members and our members can get together and have a huge party there!!

All Aspects Landscaping
08-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Never really paid attention to MMA before April either... its pretty cool

Steve
08-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I am looking forwards to hearing more of the updates as they happen!

Keep up the great work!

All Aspects Landscaping
08-26-2008, 03:21 PM
dont be afraid to check out our forum and even get involved...lol

All Aspects Landscaping
09-03-2008, 08:18 PM
well, our boy is fighting september 12th. Its actually gonna be on live tv. HDTV. The fight starts at 9 but Im not yet sure which fight he will be in. Just wanted to put that out there to all of you. Thanks for the support!!

Steve
09-04-2008, 02:48 AM
How can everyone watch it? Any specifics or channels? Will we be able to see it on your site?

All Aspects Landscaping
09-04-2008, 09:09 AM
All I know is that its gonna be on HDNET... here is the site
http://www.hd.net/

and here is the flyer for the fight:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh163/frictionclothing/andysept12.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh163/frictionclothing/andysept12final.jpg

Steve
09-04-2008, 10:02 AM
This is so fascinating to me! What kinds of things are you doing to promote this fight and how are you harnessing it to market your business?

Will you be going to the fight or will you be renting out a bar and hosting a fight party?

All Aspects Landscaping
09-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Will you be going to the fight or will you be renting out a bar and hosting a fight party?

thats a great thought.... one I didnt even think of... but we will be there cheering our boy on...

we have 4x6 postcards out for the fight, bus trip... we sell special "fight shirts" for the event... Its worked out pretty well... Im very happy with where we are at with this especially considering I wasn't going to do anything with it until next summer...

I hope you have the opportunity to watch andrew destroy his opponent!!

Steve
09-05-2008, 07:41 AM
I was reading this article the other day and thought of you. Maybe you will find it to be helpful.

Ultimate Branding (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/magazine/31wwln-consumed-t.html)- The company claims 2007 revenue of around $22 million and distribution in 20,000 stores, including Champs and Dillard’s. And there are other brands: a three-day trade show this week in San Diego, called Virtue, will also include about 40 others vying for the attention of retail buyers. Virtue is a spinoff of ASR, a trade show focused on “action sports” like skateboarding and surfing. Andy Tompkins, the group-show director for ASR, says Virtue will feature “brands that speak to the M.M.A. lifestyle.”

That is pretty interesting. Now they are a private company so they could be making $2 million or $50 million and we wouldn't know. But it is interesting that they said $22 million.

There are a bunch of articles out there on this company and I bet the more you read on them the more you will find new things to do with your company.

All Aspects Landscaping
09-05-2008, 09:29 AM
thanks a million for this article as it will make awesome weekend reading!