PDA

View Full Version : Liability

choicelandscapes
08-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Hey guys,

I have been shopping around for liability and wokers comp. I was a school teacher doing this on the side and my business grew to a point that I was better off landscaping full time. So I need to be covered so someone doesnt try to take me. I got some quotes and I got my cheapest quote for 2 million in coverage for 775. Is this good or do i need to shop? I also got inland marine for 425. and workers comp for 750 (thats workers comp is ball park I cant remeber the exact figure). Thanks for the help in advance.

Steve I saw the article where you quoted me. Thanks bud!

Tom Warren

Choice Landscapes

Steve
08-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Hi Tom,

You are welcome :)

Check out this post if no one else responds. It's got a couple of figures in it.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7262

Totally Green
08-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey guys,

I have been shopping around for liability and wokers comp. I was a school teacher doing this on the side and my business grew to a point that I was better off landscaping full time. So I need to be covered so someone doesnt try to take me. I got some quotes and I got my cheapest quote for 2 million in coverage for 775. Is this good or do i need to shop? I also got inland marine for 425. and workers comp for 750 (thats workers comp is ball park I cant remeber the exact figure). Thanks for the help in advance.

Steve I saw the article where you quoted me. Thanks bud!

Tom Warren

Choice Landscapes

I just got 300,000 liability for 550 a year. Maybe I'm the one that got taken. Worker's comp was quoted at about $4000 per year for three full time and one part time employee.

Steve
08-26-2008, 12:14 AM
What was the deciding factor on the liability amount of $300,000?

realhuntin
09-04-2008, 08:07 PM
That is a good quote you should take it. It is about what I pay all around but I think the inland was included in the GL. the WC was quoted using 100k in annual salaries total at the same amount of 775.

cklandscapingorlando
09-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I've got 1 mill. liability,1 mill. on the truck,2 mill. ballon for 350 a month.Workers comp was 10 bucks for every 100 you pay

tedfrk
09-12-2008, 09:37 PM
at least you where able to get a quote i called 4 different places and nobody calls me back even when i call them 2 or 3 times.the one guy said 1 million coverage would be a 1000 a year.but when i called they wanted to know how long i have been in business,i said i am just starting out and she told me that is why the price is going to be higher so should i lie and say i have been in business for a certain number of years ?please help

cklandscapingorlando
09-13-2008, 04:58 AM
You can lie but when you file a claim they can say your not conered becuase you faulseafied the documents.Mine is through Huckleberry,sibley,and harvey.But Its auto-owners insurance is the billing name so its probly the underwritter

cklandscapingorlando
09-13-2008, 04:59 AM
Also if I would have paid cash they would have droped 1/3 of the total cost

Steve
09-13-2008, 05:53 AM
Also if I would have paid cash they would have dropped 1/3 of the total cost

That is fascinating! Did they tell you about this? Was it a pre-pay offer for the year?

It could work out great if you had to make your payment at your peak mowing season, when you had the most cash on hand.