PDA

View Full Version : Drought is killing me

MacTrina
08-21-2008, 08:25 AM
first year in the business and we have not had rain in like 8 weeks. I went from cutting 8 to 10 lawns a day to 2 or 3 a week.I will give it 1 or 2 more seasons to see how much I grow.

Totally Green
08-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi MacTrina,

I know how you feel. It's our first year too. We went from a 6 week drought to rain almost every day for the past 2 weeks. It has hurt but we made up a lot by doing other jobs such as hedge trimming, brush clearing and bush hogging.

Lukacs Property Maintenance
08-21-2008, 05:38 PM
When its hot here i am lucky, all my customers have irrigation for the lawn. What your situation? Do any have irrigation?

Mike

MacTrina
08-21-2008, 06:58 PM
no none of my customers water there lawns

08-21-2008, 07:14 PM
How about getting into lawn irrigation eh?

Mike;)

MacTrina
08-21-2008, 09:13 PM
dont know how

UniversityLandscapers
08-22-2008, 01:25 AM
It never rains in Vancouver in the summer (surprising, eh?) We've had about 3 days of rain since mid-June, except for the wet spell we're in now. I lose a few customers, but I guess it's just the type of people you have. None of my customers have irrigation systems, but most put out a sprinkler once and a while.

08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Usually a customer that has lawn will try to water i find. I have also got to learn the business of above ground irrigation. There are battery power timed valves. These can be used for your hose so you don't have to put out your lawn sprinkler every day and turn it on by hand. The timer dose the watering for you. I sugest this to all my manual lawn sprinkler customers. Some have never heard of battery power timers. The next time i go to cut the lawn i see a battery powered timer on the faucet. Power of sugestion eh!?

Mike:rolleyes: