PDA

View Full Version : Additional services to offer

Steve
08-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Additional services to offer.

Have you ever considered offering additional services like seal coating driveways? Would it be worthwhile to do so?

Lukacs Property Maintenance
08-18-2008, 11:31 AM
steve,

I have done line painting and pavement crack sealing. I haven't done driveway sealing yet but have just been asked this week to quote on the 36 unit complex. I think i will first get the square footage of blacktop and then see how much sealer i need then try to figure out how long. Have no idea how long. Anybody else do driveway sealin?

Mike

Totally Green
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi Mike,
I've never thought about driveway sealing. I hate sounding dumb but here goes. How do you apply it? What product do you use to seal them? How much do you charge? This is my first year in business and I'm trying to find ideas to help me through the off-season. I would appreciate any help.

Gary

Steve
08-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Check out this site and see if it is helpful.

http://www.latexite.com/howtoseal.html

http://www.latexite.com/images/seal1.jpg

I have done line painting and pavement crack sealing.

How did you like offering this service? How did you paint the lines and charge for the service?

Lukacs Property Maintenance
08-21-2008, 06:07 PM
I have a industrial supply store close by. I first want there to get the paint. It started out as a spray painting job but after seeing how afull it looked i want and finished the job off with a roller. The job took a little longer but the parking lines look awesom and because the their applied thicker then if you sprayed the lines last longer. Figure out how many lines to see if you need a gallon of paint or just a pint. Then you figure out how long it would take to paint 1 line then times it by how many lines you have. Don't forget to add your percentage to the materials. Make sure you are gona have a good couple of days for the paint to dry, don't forget to bring coloured tape do block off sections to work in.

Mike