PDA

View Full Version : vacation letter

justin_time
08-15-2008, 12:37 AM
I search the forum is there is such a thing as sending a going on vacation letter.

I plan to go on vacation for a week and I want to let my customers know

Thanks

Steve
08-15-2008, 02:47 AM
Hi Justin,

Very good question!

What elements would you think would be important in such a letter and then maybe we can put one together.

justin_time
08-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Justin,

Very good question!

What elements would you think would be important in such a letter and then maybe we can put one together.

I've been searching google, but no luck

But I think the letter should include

-date(s) that you are gone
-emergency number they can reach you
-e-mail/website

I'm not sure if I missed anything, but feel free to add

justin_time
08-15-2008, 07:08 PM
I found this template

In bold that is what I added

I think I'm on the right track

[Title] [FirstName] [LastName]
[Address]
[City], [State] [Zip]

[Date]

RE: Thank You

Dear [Title] [LastName],

I just wanted to drop you this note to say thank you for letting [CompName] take care of your lawn care and landscaping needs. We are working hard to provide top notch service and to make sure our clients are 100% satisfied. If you ever need anything at all please feel free to call me any time.

I will be heading on vacation from August 25 to August 29. Our services will be resumed on the 1st of September. If you inquire any problems, you can contact me at 705-671-9932 or e-mail info@jitys.ca

We hope to continue working with you for many years to come.

Talk to you soon,

[CompSigner]

[CompName]

Steve
08-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Good for you, I think you did a great job with that. Will you be mailing that out or just emailing it?

justin_time
08-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Good for you, I think you did a great job with that. Will you be mailing that out or just emailing it?

Both, most of my customers don't even know what e-mail is hahaha

sgl41377
08-27-2008, 10:47 PM
I have been in business for 4 years and I have gone on vacation for a week Saturday through Sunday every year. I cut all my yards (if it needs it or not) on Thursday and Friday before I go. Then when I get back on Monday and Tuesday, I do the same thing. Then I start spreading the schedule back out. I never have had one complaint. My customers never know I am gone, and their property looks great anyhow. Do great work and no one questions a thing.

All Aspects Landscaping
08-27-2008, 11:37 PM
you cant go on vacation!!! lol...