PDA

View Full Version : Business Mix

StartALawnCareBusiness
08-11-2008, 11:22 AM
While I was travelling, I had to use a laundomat.

The one I used had this sign out front. I thought it was funny.

Laundromats must be a lucrative business just like lawn care. I spent about $12 to get everything washed and while I was there at least 5 other customers came in putting their clothes in a washer then leaving.

Laudromats must make for mostly passive income. I never saw the owner. If he operates a lawn care business at the same time he can check in through the day to collect money and make sure all the washers are working and not leaking.

http://www.startalawncarebusiness.com/images/laundryandlawnmowing.jpg

Steve
08-11-2008, 07:58 PM
That is very interesting and unique! Nice photo.

I have only known one person that bought a laundromat. It was purchased because it was supposed to be a low maintenance, easy income business but it turned out to be anything but.

The machines were expensive and constantly had to be maintained. It was also a favorite for thieves trying to pry open the machines at night to get access to the coins.

I think all too often people look for businesses to be easy passive income generators and when they find that the business requires energy and time, they get turned off.

I bet if they had planned to put a little more time into the business, it wouldn't have been such a problem for them.

Do you think you would like to own a laundromat?