PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

mtchockey30
08-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey everyone I am brand new to the forum and looking forward to learning a lot! I have been mowing a little, very little, "a few more than my own yard" for probable about 7 years now. Last summer and this summer I have been getting a little more and more interested into the business and as of right now am trying to get everything together to become legit before the new season. I am wanting to do more than just your basic mow trim and blow. I am wanting to get certified to be able to fertilize and am also interested in snow removal etc. I hope to learn and hear from you all!
Thanks,
Tyler

Steve
08-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi Tyler,

Welcome to our forum! What got you interested in starting your own business?

mtchockey30
08-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi Tyler,

Welcome to our forum! What got you interested in starting your own business?

Well I have been mowing for a while and want to really make it legit now and expand expand expand lol.

Steve
08-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Well good for you! Are you planning on doing any marketing this summer or fall? If so, what kinds of services will you be marketing?

mtchockey30
08-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Yes I am not 100% sure how yetbut I am. I am also trying to get everything worked out legally. I will be advertising mowing landscaping, fertilize, pretty much complete lawn care service. Im not sure if I will be able to start with snow removal yet but it will come after or hopefully very soon after.

Steve
08-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Yes I am not 100% sure how yetbut I am.

What parts are you getting stuck with?

mtchockey30
08-10-2008, 09:31 PM
I just do not really know the best and most effective way of marketing also that is money friendly.

Steve
08-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Well I would say get business cards and hand them out to everyone you know. Then walk around your neighborhood and knock on doors. Hand out business cards to them and offer to give a quote right then and there for lawn care. The more people that know you are in business, the better.

When you have more time than money, you need to utilize your time to do your marketing.

Does that help?

mtchockey30
08-12-2008, 03:22 AM
Yeah I have got all that down. I am just trying to think of other ways than that.

Steve
08-12-2008, 08:42 PM
There are a ton of marketing ideas on here also, I just released my latest how to get customers for your lawn care business book.

Check out this post here. You will find many many ways to get customers in those books.

http://gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7424

UniversityLandscapers
08-12-2008, 10:23 PM
My one piece of advice is Craigslist in addition to having a website. I get all my customers online. I printed flyers this year, but haven't needed them.