PDA

View Full Version : It pays to wait....no seriously

tiedeman
03-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Ok, I went and did two estimates for lawn applications today (in which I landed both of them, hot dog up to 6 new customers this week alone).

I went to go do this one estimate and this husband and wife own a dog kennel place as well. *I knocked on the door, in which the husband answered, said that the wife would be out in a little bit, and then he shut the door. *I was like ok, just leave me standing out here in the rain (it was light sprinkles).

I stood there, and stood there. *The husand opened the door again and said to me," Don't worry she is coming, she is talking with a customer in regards to dogs right now." *I was like trying to be polite, "No problem."

Well, as I am standing there the window was open and I could hear the wife and the customer talking about BS. *Which was making me mad. *I am standing out in the rain waiting, while they are there inside talking BS.

I swear to you it was like 3 mins of waiting....then 5 mins (I kept on telling myself just hang in there a little longer)......7 mins.....10mins went by, and I finally said, forget this. *So I slowly started to walk back to the truck, taking my time, hoping that she would see me and come out. *

Finally, as I was about 10 ft from the truck, she came out with the customer, rushed them off with their new dog, and then finally turned her attention to me. *And I made mention to her, "I was just about ready to leave." *Well, she apologized and everything, wanted me to give her an estimate for the lawn. *

So I measured, presented the price to her, and then she said, "Can I pre-pay for the year?" *

"Sure you receive a 5% discount for pre-payment," I said.

"Great, I just got paid from that woman so here you go." as she wipes out a fat stack of cash from her pocket and pays me right then and there.

So the moral of the story is, it pays to wait.

Steve
03-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Great story!

Isn't it amazing how the line between success and failure can be so fine that we just don't know how close we got to it at times.

If you would have left a few seconds earlier, you would have never known.

Are you starting to get the feeling that this is going to be a great year or what!

tiedeman
03-31-2006, 02:37 PM
I am having a very good feeling about this year. My goal is to get approx 25 more application customers by the end of April, and around 30 more by the end of May. I know that I can do it

Steve
03-31-2006, 03:30 PM
I know you can too! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

kc2006
03-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Good deal, your doing really good with growing the application side, keep it up!