PDA

View Full Version : fruit and vegetable gardening

quickcleanlawn
08-07-2008, 03:33 PM
does anyone offer it as a service?
I posted a craigslist ad to see ifI can get some responses I thought it would be a good Idea for the fall and winter months.
what do you think?

Steve
08-07-2008, 03:41 PM
That is very interesting! Did you see any others offering this service?

How did you come up with this and what kinds of services would you do to offer this?

quickcleanlawn
08-07-2008, 05:59 PM
my children want to plant pumkins and for holloween I was just sittin around thinking of way to make some money durring the slow season and just thought it might work.
heres the ad http://neworleans.craigslist.org/hss/787135656.html

Steve
08-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh now that is very interesting!

Older Ad

"I will till, design,grow,and maintain you fruit and vegetable garden while you enjoy the harvest.
now is the time to start fall fruits and vegetables.
so if you want to harvest for the holidays now is the time to call."

Here is the newer ad

"I will till, design,grow,and maintain you fruit and vegetable garden while you enjoy the harvest.
now is the time to start fall fruits and vegetables.
so if you want to harvest for the hollidays now is the time to call. "

I wasn't sure what exactly you wanted to offer but that is fascinating!

I wonder if it would take off more if you offered to start a gourd or pumpkin garden for Halloween? You never know what will sell until you try. That would be a blast to do!

Let me know if you get any takers!

Great creative thinking!

quickcleanlawn
08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I changed the ad a bit. I was only home for lunch earlier and just threw it up there

quickcleanlawn
08-07-2008, 08:04 PM
yea my oldest son wants to grow pumkins and try to sell them, and i told him he better get started now. so hes looking for some seeds we had lying around so he can plant them.

Little's
08-08-2008, 12:49 AM
In my area, vegetables had to be started at the beginning of Summer. Certain fruit trees produce different times of the year though.

I have an idea!
If you could get together a list if fruit trees that produce at different times of the year, and offer a year round fruit harvest to your customers by selling them the necessary trees and planting and harvesting them, that may be a great idea. I am going to do some thinking on this one. This could be really profitable. I know there are A LOT of people who love fruit, and especially if they can get it 100% organic, and in their own backyards, and not have to do any of the work, some people may be really be interested in that!

Steve
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Very interesting! So you would ultimately plant the tree or trees, maintain them and then harvest the fruit as they ripen? And possibly put them in a basket on their front step or something like that?

What types of trees would you do this with?

Little's
08-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Exactly. Like I said you can pick varieties that would ripen at all different times of the year. Like say cherries and Apricots early summer. Then apples and pears in the late summer. Lemons and limes into the fall, and oranges through the winter. Then plums and nectarines in the Spring. Plant the trees for them, set up the irrigation, maintain the pruning, and picking the fruit, natural fertilizing and insect control if they want. You can sell entire packages for a price. And just like you said, leave the fruit on their doorstep for them when they get home.

quickcleanlawn
08-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I was reading an article writen by the LSU agriculture center and they say now is the time to start fall gardening. We normally don't get our first freeze until late dec or even Jan., so theres plenty of time to grow fall vegetables.
Heres a link to the article:
http://www.lsuagcenter.com/en/lawn_garden/home_gardening/vegetables/Start+Fall+Garden+in+August+Says+Horticulturist.ht m

Lukacs Property Maintenance
08-21-2008, 06:56 PM
What about offering a service that involves designing their garden plot for them? You know, which would grow best in certain spots etc.

Mike:cool:

quickcleanlawn
08-21-2008, 07:03 PM
What about offering a service that involves designing their garden plot for them? You know, which would grow best in certain spots etc.

Mike:cool:
well I do offer design in the add, i think it expired and I never reran it.
but all I got was the same ol guy calling me to ask where I get my organic soil from. I told him i have my personal suplier and I can deliver it to him but he declined and went on to ask me about vegitable that grow this time of year, I guess I messed up when I put call if you have any questions in the ad.