PDA

View Full Version : Golf carts on public streets?

Steve
08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Does your area allow for driving golf carts on public streets?

I was just reading an article on the topic and thought it would be interesting if you could use one to transport electric powered lawn care equipment and really stand out in an area.

Gas prices have some living life in the slow lane (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26058387/) - With two GEO Trackers, a Lexus and a pickup truck, retired coal miner Bob Woll has many ways to zip around his southern Illinois town to visit friends, the fairgrounds or the frozen custard stand. These days, he prefers his electric golf cart.

Sesser is among dozens of communities across the country responding to $4-a-gallon gasoline by allowing vehicles best known to country-club duffers to roam the streets as a cheaper, cleaner alternative to cars and trucks. The 20-year-old cart Woll bought for $300 gets 20 miles on a 10-hour charge.

UniversityLandscapers
08-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I was in Houston last week and I passed the "Houston Golf Cart Depot" which was a big box store of all golf carts, so I assume they allow them there.

The only time I've ever come across them here is on subdivisions on golf courses in the Okanagan (which is kinda like a smaller palm springs), full of retired people.

Steve
08-07-2008, 02:35 PM
If your town allowed them, would you drive one in your area to save on gas?

UniversityLandscapers
08-07-2008, 08:21 PM
If I lived in a small community with low traffic I think I would. I live right in the middle of a large city, so there is way too much traffic for a golf cart to work. I rarely drive when I'm not working, I just take the bus.