PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone,

KaveKuts
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm totally new to this lawn care thing. I've not quite started the business yet but looking for more information right now. I'll be pricing mowers and trimmers and such this weekend. This is all my son's idea, he's 14 and wants to have a mowing business, his step-dad is all for it and they will be doing it together. I just got the job to do all the leg work and learn how to write proposals, prepare invoices and anything else outside of cutting that they don't want to do. I'm still praying about this so please feel free to pray with me for guidance.

justin_time
07-30-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm totally new to this lawn care thing. I've not quite started the business yet but looking for more information right now. I'll be pricing mowers and trimmers and such this weekend. This is all my son's idea, he's 14 and wants to have a mowing business, his step-dad is all for it and they will be doing it together. I just got the job to do all the leg work and learn how to write proposals, prepare invoices and anything else outside of cutting that they don't want to do. I'm still praying about this so please feel free to pray with me for guidance.

Hi KaveKuts,

Welcome to the forum, sit down, and ask question

We are all here to learn at no matter what age you are, your learning something new everyday

So if you have any questions, don't be shy, someone should have an answer for ya

andyjoneslawncare
07-30-2008, 10:35 PM
This is off subject but I just wanted to say, as a single dad, that I think its awesome you and your sons step dad are helping out your son. Its good to see divorced parents put their kids welfare before their own and get along with each other. I'm lucky that my ex and I can get along and still raise our kids. I always see so many parents fighting and argueing and many dads would have nothing to do with helping their son out just because he's doing it with his step dad. Kudos to you!

Steve
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Very true.

KaveKuts,

Check out all the free templates above along the top brown bar. There are so many templates you will be all set.

I would say get some cheap lawn care equipment at first and scale up as you go. Don't invest too much too soon. It's better to get your feet wet little by little then to go all out and blow a ton of cash only to find your son is no longer interested in it.

I'd say, get a flyer template downloaded and get some business cards and have your son go out and meet his neighbors and hand out cards. That's a great way to get started.

What's the biggest sticking point at the moment for you?