PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

andyjoneslawncare
07-30-2008, 09:25 PM
My name is Andy and this is my first season in the lawn care biz. I'm just starting out and have minimal equipment and no experience but so far I LOVE this job! I get to ride around on my "go-cart with blades" and because most of my properties were fairly neglected before, my clients are all really impressed and excited when I trim bushes and trees that haven't been touched in years! I was (and still am) broke when I started so I bought a 50" Cub Cadet ZTR @ home depot because it was the only credit card I had left with a balance. I bought a blower, trimmer, and edger attachments for my 2 ryobi weed wackers. Hopefully the engine will last until I can buy professional equipment! I grabbed a palm tree pruner, a gorrilla ladder, rake, etc., and got a little push mower from one of my clients that obviously doesn't need it anymore. I bought an 8ft tilt bed trailer from a friend for $200. This will be the first thing that gets replaced. Nothing worse than having to unload everything off the trailer at every stop so everthing doesn't come crashing on the street when I back the mower off. I'm sure its amusing to watch. I only have 14 accounts right now that I can get done in 2 days so it would be a stretch to say I'm full time. I'm working on a web site now and just got my business cards a couple weeks ago. They say "Andy Jones Lawn Care. My mom thinks I'm "special" and so will you!" I have 4 and 5 year old kids and I wanted my own business so I can work my schedule around kids and my busy life. I'm a single dad but my ex and I get along better than most so I'm pretty lucky. I like fishing alot. My brother is a capt in the keys and I have my pilots license and sometimes fly down to fish with him. Not recently though. I'm too broke and aviation fuel cost even more than regular gas! I'm here looking for advice and tips and to let any other newbies know that this business has me really excited and I'm actually making it work so far with equipment that most of you pros are probably snickering about. I guess I could've waited until I had the right equipment because it would definately look more professional, but I just wanted to get started asap. Anyway, I look forward to talking with everyone and getting that lawn mower banner for my website! ;)
PS, I welcome advice, but don't make fun of my mower and tell me its junk. I still owe 3k on it! Just kidding, I can take it.

Steve
07-30-2008, 10:34 PM
"Andy Jones Lawn Care. My mom thinks I'm "special"

OMG THAT IS GREAT!

Can we see a scan of that! That is so fantastic LOL How did you come up with that?

Let me know what you want on your banner. Name & Number.

Out of all things, why did you choose lawn care? Had you ever run a business before?

Oh and I'd love to see some pics of your brother's boat!