PDA

View Full Version : Door Hangers

MIRACLELAWN
03-29-2006, 04:58 PM
I put out 500 door hangers today and already received 6 new customers, looks like this season might turn out pretty good. I think the key to getting customers with door hangers is to put your price on the hanger. I always do this and generally average about 2-3 percent return. It makes it so much easier for the customer to make a decision.

tiedeman
03-29-2006, 07:29 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what did you use for your doorhanger?

Steve
03-30-2006, 12:31 AM
Also are you pre-printing a price based on sqft or do you write it in as you deliver them?

tiedeman
03-30-2006, 12:51 AM
That is what I was thinking about. I was thinking about bringing along a sharpie pen, and basically making a rough estimate of what the property would be. Then I write it on the doorhanger with a sharpie, and hang it.

Steve
03-30-2006, 12:56 AM
Then do you have on the door hanger, we will meet or beat any price?

tiedeman
03-30-2006, 12:59 AM
The current door hangers that I am looking at do not have that. *That is why I have been kind of looking around a different companies, seeing what they can, and I am even at the point of just making them myself and then having Staples print me out a bunch.

But once I get into some customization with some of these companies, my tab is like around $600 for just 1,000 door hangers.

Steve
03-30-2006, 01:33 AM
What is the benefit to you for using Staples when you get your door hangers printed when http://www.48hourprint.com/door-hanger-printing.html
offers 1000 door hangers for $225? Full color both sides.

MIRACLELAWN
03-30-2006, 06:48 AM
I use a door hanger that I created that was printed by doorhangers.com. On the hanger there is a space $____ where I use a black sharpie to fill in the amount.

The price of 1000 hangers is usually pretty high when you compare that 5000 is probably only about *40 or 50% more.

It is nice to have full color, all the bells and whistles hangers, but I agree with a post I read on here somewhere that said, the more extravagant the advertising, the more the customer perceives the price will be to pay for that advertising. I believe in keeping it simple. Don't compete with Lawn Doctor in advertising dollars, compete with them in work quality and price.

Steve
03-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Hi MIRACLELAWN,

Thank you for the insight. You are an inspiration to us!

We all need to remember to keep it simple.